ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics)

5 posters

Go down

That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Empty That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics)

Post by Labwake Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:59 am

Christmas was nice to me this year....I finally got a really nice camera! I've been going a little crazy and it's awesome because I can plug it into my computer, so here we go. These are all from the past few weeks of xmas break.

Elsie

That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1029

Crazy Connor
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1019

The Dynamic Duo
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1005

I took them each out separately to get singles......

The Monster!
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs2008

A perfect "line-out" before a run (I forgot his real harness....so he had to make due with a "normal dog" harness)
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs2004

Pretty boy
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs2006

Mingling at the dogpark
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs2016

Testing the slide
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Connorprk017

"Recently a Monster was unleashed at a nearby park..."
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Connorprk002

Puppy Love gets bored waiting for Connor's turn to be over....
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Elsie011-1

Pretty smile
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Elsie017

She poses better than he does...
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Elsie018

Ready to go home I guess hahaha
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Elsie009-1

These are pics from our new years run at Ft Custer. I only ran 4 because I would have had NO control with all 6!!

Speaking of a perfect line-out
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1047

Miss Smokin' Oakley- Leader Extraordinaire
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1046

Roary and Kuz. He's usually my main guy up front, but he's demoted occasionally if need be. Angry Dog
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1048

My little June.
That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Dogs1049

I have SO many more! This will do for now. Thanks for looking Ultimate Air Elation
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Empty Re: That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics)

Post by Kel Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:47 am

Very nice pics! Great seeing the Huskies, too! Looks like everyone is having fun... good luck at the races this season! Sweet!

I like the "I'm going to devour this ball whole" pic of Connor... very "big black monster dog"-ish. Lol.
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics) Empty Re: That camera I've been waiting for.....(lots of pics)

Post by JT Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 am

great pics i love having a good camera i cant go out without takeing atleast one to two hundred pics at a time
JT
JT

My Name : jamie
My Pet(s) : mikey pb 18'6 uv5'6 , mavrick pb 16 something over 19 when he decides to jump. and Roxi 4 y old GSP she just cheers the boys on. and timber comming in 2010 to a dock near you
Number of posts : 406
Capricorn Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 am

Wait until you take it to an event... I hope you have a big memory card. I would fill up my 2Gb cards every day so I bought a 32 Gb card and now have space for 5800 pics at a time. 3000 if I take them in RAW format.
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 am

yea i have 3 cards 1g 4g and a10g i cant wait for to use mine at an event
JT
JT

My Name : jamie
My Pet(s) : mikey pb 18'6 uv5'6 , mavrick pb 16 something over 19 when he decides to jump. and Roxi 4 y old GSP she just cheers the boys on. and timber comming in 2010 to a dock near you
Number of posts : 406
Capricorn Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Labwake wrote:Christmas was nice to me this year....I finally got a really nice camera! I've been going a little crazy and it's awesome because I can plug it into my computer, so here we go. These are all from the past few weeks of xmas break.

Which camera did you get a point and shoot or something else. We got my dad (Sky Sr.) a canon 50d and he seems to like it quite a bit. The only draw back is it is 15 mega-pixels so he only gets 600 pictures on a 2 gig card.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Ha okay I have no idea what any of these numbers mean!! It's not a fancy huge one with a telescoping lens or anything. It's really small (can fit into my coat pocket or just about in the palm of my hand). It says Kodak 5x optical zoom and on the back it has Z885. Not sure if that helps. My sister (who is really good with all the camera stuff....she picked it out) said something about how the pictures should be clear because something about the number 8 point something. No idea. The memory card says 2GB. I've got no clue as to what any of this means. How many pics can it hold? Right now I have 104 on there. It DOES have a mini telescoping lens, but when I think of hardcore cameras, I think of those big black professional Nikon ones that are advertised in National Geographic huh?
Labwake
Labwake

Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 pm

The Kodak point and shoots are nice. That's what we have and took on our honeymoon. You will have trouble getting good pics at indoor events because the flash isn't powerfull enough. This is a problem that all point and shoot cameras have though. For normal around the house picture taking it should do great. It's also much easier to travel with than the SLR's that some of us have. It is nice to have a camera that fits in your pocket.
rocketdog
rocketdog

Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Speaking of the flash.....shouldn't I be able to take night time/dusk pictures without them being dark and ugly? (isn't that the point of a flash in the first place?) Just wondering because we mostly run at night and I've had trouble getting any good shots. Is that what you mean about the flash not being powerful?
Labwake
Labwake

Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm

If you are running at night your flash on your camera probably won't be enough. Unless you have a way to set the ISO up to somewhere around 2500-3500. That will allow the sensor which is about the size of a pencil eraser to gather more light. The other thing you may be able to do is set the exposure time this tells the camera to expose the film/image longer.

I don't know if you can do that on your camera, I could tell you how on a Canon dslr and point and shoot but i think your camera is to automatic for that to work. Guess you will have to read the instructions and see if it says how to.

But, your flash will help if the object is less than 4-5 feet from the flash. Hope that helps. Maybe Jason can explain it better.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Brian is right. Normal point and shoot cameras have flash the will reach to about 5 ft outdoors at night, maybe 10 ft if there is some moon light. They just aren't meant for night photography. There are some tricks you can do to help a lot but it really depends on the camera. You should read the manual about how to shoot with the flash and at night. There should be some settings that you can tweak to get it to do better in the dark. Since it's dark, you might have trouble getting it to focus, but there should be a way to help that as well. It all comes down to reading the tips on your camera. If I had it in my hand I may be able to figure it out also. You may never get really "good" night pics but you should get decent picks.
rocketdog
rocketdog

Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll have to mess with it and see what I can do.
Labwake
Labwake

Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:43 pm

If I see you at an event I will help you also. I'm sure Brian or Jeff can assist you as well. These new fangled digital cameras have so many buttons and do-dads that you never know what it will do until you push the right combination of buttons.
rocketdog
rocketdog

Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down