ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunt Test this Weekend

+12
Team Irish
Sara
LynnSWD
flyingbcs
SkyHawk
ROCK
MollyBGoode
bigyellowdog
labpaw
Gingers Dad
Laszlo's Botond
team sky
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hunt Test this Weekend - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunt Test this Weekend

Post by ROCK Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Gingers Dad wrote:Let me ask yall this what do you think .....
Ginger usually wants to put what we are fetching whether it be a bumper or her mallord or a chuckit ball i find she would rather me take it from her in my hand in stead of dropping it at my feet .is that more from a blood line stand point or just me getting lucky that she for the most part would rather me ask her to put it in my hand it is definatley not my traing her to do it Ultimate Air Elation

Bob,

You are already a big step ahead in the game. That is deliver to hand. That is often hard to teach, especially later on Dang Nab It! You want Ginger to place the object in your hand... or out it on command, rather than drop it at your feet.

Barb and Rock Star

Last edited by ROCK on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:52 am; edited 3 times in total
ROCK
ROCK

My Pet(s) : Rock, Toby, Ten
Number of posts : 517
Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingers Dad Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:15 pm

ok since yall seem very knowledgeable what does hrch/gmhr stand for in front of a dogs name

Gingers Dad

My Name : Bob
My Pet(s) : Ginger, Hemi-lou ,Sofie , &Roxy
Number of posts : 503
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Gingers Dad wrote:ok since yall seem very knowledgeable what does hrch/gmhr stand for in front of a dogs name

Hunting Retriever Champion and Grand Master Hunting Retriever
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingers Dad Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:27 pm

Thanks Brian i wasnt 100%

Gingers Dad

Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:47 pm

HRCH stands for Hunting Retriever Champion.
GMHR is Grand Master Hunting Retriever.

Simply a method of denoting the level that the dog has achieved.

There are basically four levels in UKC and possibly the same in AKC, Two different sets of rules though as Barb had mentioned earlier, if you fail the test in the morning pack it up and your done for the day with AKC. In UKC you can still go though the afternoon trial be it the water or land portion.

In UKC :
SHR = Started Hunting Retriever - the first level and the most flexible. It take four passes to receive this title.

HR - Hunting Retriever - This title is the next up and it takes 40 points in order to attain this title 10 of which can be earned in startec trials - the remaining 30 points must be earned in seasoned trials the next step up and more difficult where the dog must do double marks and retrieves on the land and in the water and must also do a blind retrieve on the land and water.

From there you move up to HRCH Hunting Retriever Champion and you must compete in seasoned and finished trials. Finished trials are the most difficult and technically challenging for the dog. They must do triple marks on land and water, blind retrieves and deal with diversionary birds, as well as walk up hunts and tracking hunts.

I have attached the link for the HRC (Hunting Retriever Club) website that gives much more detail on the individual tests.

Bob, I would suggest, having just gone through a started test,
that you find a HRC in you area and join them for training sessions. I think that you will find them very helpful and training in a club atmosphere is a great way to learn the ropes of the tests. I also agree with Barb that you are ahead of the game with Ginger if she is delivering to hand as that is something that can be very hard to teach. So if she is already doing that continue to praise her and reward her every time she brings the bird back and drops it into your hand on the command "out".

I agree with Barb and will not debate the methods that are used for training, especially since I do not have the professional status behind my name. There are multiple ways to train every dog, and each trainer has his/her own methods. All I will say is that of the 40 "started" retrievers at this past weekends tests 95 percent had been FF.

Jim I will have to work on getting my own ID, but since we only compete one dog, I had chosen to keep it simple with one ID.

Brian Sr.
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingers Dad Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:57 pm

well gigners dad has those titles and competes alot from what i understand so when i am out at my dads and see ginger go into her hunt mode and it seems very instict like. I think i would do her better justice if i tried her in the field aspect of a competionand with yalls diccusions im starting to think it might be a good idea to look into more around here

Gingers Dad

Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCK Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 am

team sky wrote:

Jim I will have to work on getting my own ID, but since we only compete one dog, I had chosen to keep it simple with one ID.

Brian Sr.

Good Idea Ultimate Air Elation Golly Gee! Snickering

How about just SKY.... then you can change it to GMHR SKY A Round of Applause!

Have a good one!

Barb and Rock Star
ROCK
ROCK

Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi all,

Now BT and I can be differentiated. BT will post under Team Sky as he is the one that originally registered. I will now post under SKY Sr. (not denoting Started Hunting Retriever, rather Senior, or elder, or whatever else you may want to use for the DAD.)
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:45 pm

SKY Sr. wrote:Hi all,

Now BT and I can be differentiated. BT will post under Team Sky as he is the one that originally registered. I will now post under SKY Sr. (not denoting Started Hunting Retriever, rather Senior, or elder, or whatever else you may want to use for the DAD.)

Does "the old man" work? Just kidding!
Rajah
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:49 pm

hmmm at 31 and only being a tad older than that myself.....We might be considered the old man. I went to one of my fraternities gatherings and some one said whos the old guys in the corner. I started looking around only to realise my friend and I were indeed in the corner lol
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Laszlo's Botond wrote:hmmm at 31 and only being a tad older than that myself.....We might be considered the old man. I went to one of my fraternities gatherings and some one said whos the old guys in the corner. I started looking around only to realise my friend and I were indeed in the corner lol

Funny you mention that. i know I look older than what I am... darn those gray hairs... but I played some indoor flag football last year and on one of my TD catches, I ran right past the guy defending me and caught the ball 40 yards down field. His teammates started yelling at him: "How can you get beat by the old guy??". I got a good laugh out of it... and the funny part is that I did that twice to the same guy.
Rajah
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:55 pm

Well Thom, I have you by 10 years, so I guess the term applies.
Oh well works for me, as the joke goes,
"Older and Wiser trumps Youth and Speed every day"
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Way to go, keep up the flag football, and stay active. It is by far better than getting OLD and Slow. I speak from experience there.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:23 pm

SKY Sr. wrote:

Hehe... nice idea. I always just wrote "Team Sky" in replies to your and your son's posts in the past because I never really knew which I was talking to! Now I can actually address you by name. A Round of Applause!
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation Ultimate Air Elation

I have to keep my mouth shut about the "old man" comment or I may get "slapped/punched/kicked in the *** (butt)" when I get home from school. But thanks for taking the words out of my mouth.
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCK Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Brian,

hmm... that sounds like child abuse... just kidding Ultimate Air Elation

I would be more afraid of calling your Mom "old" she's one fiesty lady. We had LOTS of fun with your Mom in Cincinnati... she's cool, I liked her lots.

Barb and Rock Star
ROCK
ROCK

Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Barb,

Child abuse, NOT, do you remember how big he is? He could kick my butt if he thought he could get away with it. LOL and yes I would not want to call mom old, she will kick both our buts in a heartbeat.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCK Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud!

Princess Ultimate Air Elation That I believe! Ultimate Air Elation Princess

Barb and Rock Star
ROCK
ROCK

Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down