ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes

5 posters

Go down

8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes Empty 8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes

Post by LostPepperDee Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:33 am

My ex-husband and I were divorced in January of this year. He got me a small house so he could keep the house we lived in (and he built). I have 4 dogs and that is all I am able to have at my house. Unfortunately, he kept the rest. Everything was fine until I started dating someone. He is now doing everything he can to hurt me, including threatening to take my daughter and get rid of the dogs.

HIs final ultimatum is that he is going to start dropping the dogs off at my place one at a time (I don't know if it will be one a day, one a week or what). I have no room for them and am too close to neighbors to be able to have more than the ones I already have.

I had several friends who were involved with rescues and they all said they would help, but when it came down to it, they now either won't respond or just tell me to contact someone else.

If he really does start dropping them off, I will probably have no choice but to have them put to sleep. The area I live in (East Tennessee) is so over-run with unwanted animals and the Sullivan County Animal Shelter is so over-crowded, loud, smelly that I would much rather have them humanely put to sleep then have them suffer through a week there only to be put to sleep anyway.

I have always heard that the Northern states have more luck placing animals, but I know with the economy, all areas are probably hurting. If anyone can recommend anything or any rescues for me to contact, I would really appreciate it. I don't know where to turn.

Here are the dogs:

Munchie - 2-3 year old spayed black & white pit-mix (very short legs). Good with other dogs and so far cats, but terrified to the point she will poop on herself of my ex-husband.

Blackie - about 9-10 year old spayed black hound mix. Very active & exciteable.

The rest are all siblings. Their mother is a shepherd/heeler mix who I rescued along with her pups when they were two weeks old. I got scared when I was contacted by some pit-bull breeders who were looking for bait dogs ( I contacted their local animal control who investigated them), so we ended up keeping them. There are 5 femals and one male...all are spayed & neutered. All are large. Some have short coats and some long like a collie. One female has epilepsy and has been on phenobartal (altho I don't think my ex has been giving it to her). All would make very good dogs one on one with someone, but they are not leash trained and have never been anywhere since they were puppies.

I know it is probably hopeless...and it is our fault it has come to this, but I guess, I am just still hoping something might happen to help them. They don't deserve to die, because of our mistakes (you can yell at me...it won't be anything I haven't thought of myself Angry Dog ). I am just hoping someone might be able to suggest something.

Thank you
Kristen

my e-mail is DenetteKL@hotmail.com

LostPepperDee
LostPepperDee

My Name : Kristen
My Pet(s) : Jane, Rover, Pepper, Charlie (dogs) and Figaro & Angel (cats)
Location : I live in NE Tennessee, but grew up in Naples, Italy.
Number of posts : 85
Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes Empty Re: 8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes

Post by LostPepperDee Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:32 am

I think part of the reason no one is responding is because they think I am wanting one rescue to take all 8 dogs. That would be unreasonable to expect that. I am just hoping to find (one at a time) 8 people or rescues to each help with one dog. Every dog I can get out of there, is one less in danger or that he can hold over my head.
LostPepperDee
LostPepperDee

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes Empty Re: 8 dogs in desparate need of homes or foster homes

Post by Mary and Brewster Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 am

Hi Kristen, I am not able to help you but I wanted to let you know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers in re-homing your pups. I am sure it is a very hard thing to do. We have a full plate ourselves right now with a kitty just diagnosed with diabities and our 26 year old son batteling ALS. I wish I could help you out. I hope and pray you find homes for the pups. Take care,
Mary and Brewster
Mary and Brewster

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Brewster and Riley
Number of posts : 427
Virgo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LostPepperDee Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Thank you. If you hear of any rescues that might be able to help (especially a reputible pit bull rescue), let me know or have them contact me.

LostPepperDee
LostPepperDee

Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary and Brewster Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Will do Kristen. I am not into rescue but if I hear of someone who is I'll ask them. Take care and good luck.
Mary and Brewster
Mary and Brewster

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Brewster and Riley
Number of posts : 427
Virgo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Kristin,

you can try to contact Pets Alive. it is a no kill shelter in Middletown, NY. They have been known to go down south to rescue dogs that were on "Death Row". They will place the dogs if they can, If they can't, they keep them for there life. This is a special place to us. We have rescued our Harley from there. He was an run away that was on "death row" in Ohio simply because he ran away a lot. He was a stray for most of his first year of life. All he needed was a good loving home and a FENCE. He is such a lovable affectionate dog I am so happy we found Pets Alive.

http://www.petsalive.com/
flyinlab
flyinlab

My Name : Steve
My Pet(s) : USJCH - Sophie Belle (pb 21'10") Harley Joe (Cheering section) Baylee Rose
Number of posts : 464
Leo Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sophie-Belle-Team-Flyinlab/1419864

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Kristen, can I have permission to post about your situation on another group and provide your email address?

I suggest you set up ads on Petfinder, Facebook and any other dog related groups that you might belong to. I would probably skip the background story, just post a nice blurb about each dog that is up for adoption, cute pictures are helpful too!

Don't forget about yout vet. Many veterinarians have a noticeboard in their lobby where people can post pets up for adoption.

And honestly, though it's not ideal, Freecylce and Craig's List can be a good way to re-home an animal, fast. You just have to be careful, interview the person, ask who their vet is, do a home visit etc.

Also, rescues might be willing to help advertise your pets if you're able to keep them for a while, or find foster homes for them.
Indy
Indy

My Name : Indy
My Pet(s) : Indy
Number of posts : 312
Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:33 am

Kristen,

Have you looked on pet finder for rescues in your state? Petfinder.com is a good resource for finding pets and finding people to help re-home them. You can even list them yourself to be adopted. Have you searched the internet for private or independent rescues? Maybe a breed rescue will help you out. Hope this helps.

Beth
bethandryder
bethandryder

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Ryder and Hershey, ESS
Number of posts : 303
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down