ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

places to practice in northwest Ohio

+2
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam
goldengirl
6 posters

Go down

places to practice in northwest Ohio Empty places to practice in northwest Ohio

Post by goldengirl Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:45 pm

does anyone know of any places in northwest ohio where you can practice for jumping?
we have never done this before but would love to try it. we would just like to try a couple jumps before signing her up for an actual event to be sure she could actually do it but we do not have access to a pool or pond.

goldengirl

My Name : barb
My Pet(s) : Emmy & Jake
Number of posts : 5
Leo Tiger

Back to top Go down

places to practice in northwest Ohio Empty Re: places to practice in northwest Ohio

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Closest i know of are in shelby twp (detroitish) and columbus but there could be more.you from toledo area or more toward indy
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

places to practice in northwest Ohio Empty Re: places to practice in northwest Ohio

Post by ksummers Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:48 pm

There is a practice facility in Romulus, MI. It's near Detroit Metro Airport:

It is called Currey's Family Pet Care
ksummers
ksummers

My Name : Kathy
My Pet(s) : Eden and Cooper
Number of posts : 8
Scorpio Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by goldengirl Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:11 pm

thanks for the info

goldengirl

My Name : barb
My Pet(s) : Emmy & Jake
Number of posts : 5
Leo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by justine Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:43 am

Not sure how far it would be for you, but we have a West Michigan Air Dogs club - they have a dock setup at Meadow Run Dog Park in Kalamazoo.
justine
justine

My Name : justine
My Pet(s) : Abbey & Kolby
Number of posts : 29
Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by rmcknight Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 pm

goldengirl wrote:does anyone know of any places in northwest ohio where you can practice for jumping?
we have never done this before but would love to try it. we would just like to try a couple jumps before signing her up for an actual event to be sure she could actually do it but we do not have access to a pool or pond.

Not sure exactly where you are located but there is a nice pool at a private residence that will rent you time. It is just outside of Rockford, OH and is owned by Chris and Michelle Bickle. We just spent a couple of hours there today with our dog that competes and also our almost 14 year old. They both loved it as did Maggie and Shadow who belong to Chris and Michelle. Shadow is going to be a BIG jumping dog very soon!

This location would be good for anyone in northwest OH and also eastern IN. It is about 1.5 hours for us but was well worth it to practice and to spend some time with a couple of really nice people we have met through UAD.

Give Chris or Michelle a call at 419-203-5456 and set up a time for some practice.

Good luck!
rmcknight
rmcknight

My Name : Ronalee McKnight
My Pet(s) : Sadie and Storie
Number of posts : 31
Gemini Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by swalius Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:02 pm

McKnight If you don't mind me asking what size pool is it?
swalius
swalius

My Name : Susan Swalius
My Pet(s) : Team NEW LIFE WEIM'S Sir Winston and Little Randy
Number of posts : 7
Virgo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by rmcknight Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 pm

swalius wrote:McKnight If you don't mind me asking what size pool is it?

Regulation size (20'X40') and just a little deeper than the UAD pools. There is a dock that is 40' long and covered in heavy astro turf type carpet. It really is a nice facility and the price is right for some practice.
rmcknight
rmcknight

My Name : Ronalee McKnight
My Pet(s) : Sadie and Storie
Number of posts : 31
Gemini Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down