ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AKC Agilty Nationals!

4 posters

Go down

AKC Agilty Nationals! Empty AKC Agilty Nationals!

Post by Ann DHondt Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 am

I wanted to let you all know Belle has qualified and is on her way next week to AKC Agility Nationals in Tulsa OK. Hard to believe my big black girl has come so far! I am so proud of her.

In order to qualify from 12/1/08 - 11/30/09 she needed to earn six double Q's (qualifying scores in both standard and jumpers on the same day) in the "excellent B" division. She moved up to excellent B last January or February (I forget). She got her first QQ at a trial in OH in March. She finished qualifying in August.

There will be over 800 dogs competing from all over the country. Over 700 in her jump height alone. She competes in the biggest division but she runs what is called "preferred" so she her scores are separate from the dogs who run "regular". Preferred means the dog jumps one fence height lower than their size requires. We decided to run her preferred, not because of the fence height that is a non issue. However she started agility "later" than most dogs, she is my first agility dog, and let's face it she is HUGE!!! While she is a skinny 85# now, she is still a lot of dog landing off the jumps. I don't want her to break. I am very excited and it will be a wonderful experience for her, and me. This is the first year preferred dogs get to play at Nationals.

She did compete in Labrador National last fall, and she won a class in her division there. Not every dog can go to their National Specialty and come home with a blue ribbon and a new title. She completed her MXP (Master Agility Preferred) while we were there.

We leave next Wednesday (3/24) Just Art, Belle and I. Teddi and Quinn will stay home with a dog sitter. Let the fun begin.

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

AKC Agilty Nationals! Empty Re: AKC Agilty Nationals!

Post by LynnSWD Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 pm

WOW!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Maddy Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 pm

AKC Agilty Nationals! 476198 Congrats!!!! AKC Agilty Nationals! 476198
Team Maddy
Team Maddy

My Pet(s) : Maddy
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfrost Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Great Job Belle!! AKC Agilty Nationals! 67730
Kfrost
Kfrost

My Name : Kathy
My Pet(s) : Lily
Number of posts : 114
Gemini Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down