ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LABRADOR NATIONALS!!!!

4 posters

Go down

LABRADOR NATIONALS!!!! Empty LABRADOR NATIONALS!!!!

Post by Ann DHondt Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:30 pm

I just got back from Labrador Nationals in Bloomington IL. What an incredible time we had. We were showing agility, but wandered around and watched the breed ring, and obedience. Lots of raffles, of which we participated in, and we won one, and brought home an agility jump and a basket full of goodies!

Three days of agility for Belle. She was WONDERFUL!!! The first day we were not our best, but the weather was PERFECT for running labradors outside in agility. It was sunny and cool. However that night the rain came LABRADOR NATIONALS!!!! Icon_eek The grounds held up pretty good the first day, more handlers than dogs were having problems, and the contacts were rubberized so there was no slipping there. However the rain did not stop. Friday, was SO wet. We still ran but I have NEVER been so wet in my life out side of the shower.

Belle was a STAR!!! She finished her MXP (Master Agility Preferred) title, earned a third and first in standard and a second in one of her jumpers runs. She also got a double Q (qualifies in standard and jumpers on the same day) on Friday. It is her 7th double since the end of March, she needed six to qualify for AKC Nationals next March. She needs a total of 20 to earn her PAX title. She did not want to sit at the start line in the rain (can you blamer her?) but she held her stay standing. For a dog who won't go for walks in the rain, I was thrilled she would still play in the agility ring.

It was an incredible experience despite the weather. Next year Lab Nat will be in CA, doubt we will make that trip. I hope to go again some day, the people were so nice, and we saw MANY incredible dogs. I think we have FINALLY decided on our puppy breeder too. I can't wait until we get our next pup.
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

LABRADOR NATIONALS!!!! Empty Re: LABRADOR NATIONALS!!!!

Post by Phoenix Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Sounds like you had a blast. Congrats on the title and job well done!I hope to make GSP nationals in 2011 as it will be in WI. Not too far from home. :-)
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:45 pm

Cograts sounds like it was a fin time
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Well done! Glad the weather didn't bother you guys too much. Sounds like a good time.
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down