ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sticcato starts hunt training this week

2 posters

Go down

Sticcato starts hunt training this week Empty Sticcato starts hunt training this week

Post by crazyjackpack Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:21 pm

I finally found a trainer near us to start Staccato on hunt training. Sarah even said she would do it as long as she does not have to shoot anything or touch anything dead. He is already pointing at bird he sees around that canal or flying over his head.. Someone needs to tell him that seagulls are NOT to hunt though. He is also pointing at anything that moves or he is interested in.. Yesterday it was a stick.. Go figure.
crazyjackpack
crazyjackpack

My Name : Aimee and Sarah
My Pet(s) : Forrest Gumpy (gone but not forgotten) ,, Jitter Bug,, Cpt. Jack,, Shella , Staccato (I'm not a JRT), Clay (my first jump will be in July.. we hope)
Location : Rest is peace sweat Gumpy, UAG Master Champ, Jr. Handler Champ and Featherweight champ.
Number of posts : 550
Aquarius Tiger

Back to top Go down

Sticcato starts hunt training this week Empty Re: Sticcato starts hunt training this week

Post by team sky Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Interesting How old is he? If you are paying for training might be worth waiting until he is six months or older. You need to let a puppy be a puppy before you start any real training. Just food for thought. If they are just going to introduce him to live birds at such a young age that is one thing. But, don't expect a pup at such a young age to catch on as quick. Now is a good time just to build that handler dog bond. Most trainers in the states won't train pups until they are at least six months and that is in rare cases.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Sticcato starts hunt training this week Empty Re: Sticcato starts hunt training this week

Post by crazyjackpack Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 am

He'll be 6 months old March 20. Not expecting much out of him right now but getting him use to being out there.
He's still being a puppy, the trouble he has caused the past week is proof of that!
crazyjackpack
crazyjackpack

My Name : Aimee and Sarah
My Pet(s) : Forrest Gumpy (gone but not forgotten) ,, Jitter Bug,, Cpt. Jack,, Shella , Staccato (I'm not a JRT), Clay (my first jump will be in July.. we hope)
Location : Rest is peace sweat Gumpy, UAG Master Champ, Jr. Handler Champ and Featherweight champ.
Number of posts : 550
Aquarius Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down