ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agility?

5 posters

Go down

Agility? Empty Agility?

Post by TR75 Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:56 pm

As some of you may recall, I built this jump for Jake on his birthday a week and half or so ago. Gunther was the only one really enjoying it that day. I got it out late this afternoon and Gunther was jumping over the top again (with the lure of hot dogs of course) and eventually Jake remembered how much fun it is. Gunther came up with something knew but I don't know that it is part of a typical agility run. He was jumping in between the two yellow bars without knocking either one down. A Round of Applause! I wish I had someone here to take pictures of it because it was pretty cool and funny at the same time. Is there an actual agility obstacle where they would have to do that?

Agility? Pvcjump
TR75
TR75

My Name : Matt
My Pet(s) : Jake & Gunther
Sponsors : Nylabone
Number of posts : 1345
Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

Agility? Empty Re: Agility?

Post by SKY Sr. Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:04 pm

I am going to add to Matt's question. Does anyone know training centers for agility in or around GR?
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:39 pm

PM Falon or eric Sky. They are part of a training club there in the GR area that does agility!
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by jedivet Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:47 pm

I've seen that behavior many times, and little Hobie once jumped through the small openings on a winged jump once! It's funny!
jedivet
jedivet

Number of posts : 155
Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Well... hate to tell you but there aren't any hurdle obstacles where they will jump between the bars. There are, however, window and tire jumps... which I suppose are somewhat similar (and yet not). Some dogs have no problem switching from a "bar window" (like your obstacle) to a regular window or tire to regular bar jumps and back... but if your dog jumps between two bars, or goes under any bar, in competition, it's considered a refusal (which will get you an NQ). Oh so Sad

At the same time... it doesn't really matter if you don't plan on competing (and still might not even if you do) and it's pretty cool that they're having so much fun with their new "toy!" Ultimate Air Elation

Brian, for agility groups in the GR area, I'd suggest looking into LABCAT (Leaps and Bounds Dog Agility Training). They mainly do CPE agility and are a great group of people... always very friendly and helpful and host some nice events. There are a few others as well... but I'll have to look them up since I'm only half awake and LABCAT is the only one I remember right now. As for orgs in general, there are a good number of CPE and USDAA trials in MI... and I'd definitely recommend those orgs over any other when it comes to agility. Sweet!
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down