ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to frisbee...

+8
rocketdog
Chessies on the Dock
labpaw
bigyellowdog
team sky
Kel
Labwake
gatorblueyes
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to frisbee... - Page 2 Empty Re: New to frisbee...

Post by Sara Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Shari, I'll definitely list when I hear about disc events! Did you see the post about the one this weekend in Indiana?
Sara
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chessies on the Dock Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks Sara, I pm'd you Ultimate Air Elation
Chessies on the Dock
Chessies on the Dock

My Pet(s) : Meadow, Sage and the cats (Cadi and Bodie)
Number of posts : 760

http://ChessiesontheDock.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by labpaw Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 pm

Shari,

Abe is the destroyer of all that is possibly destroyed Mad Dog , and the Hyperflite JAWS disc is tough and has lasted at least a month or so of almost daily practice. paw I don't allow him to have it, obviously, when we aren't playing, but we are working with him for frisbee too. Having said that, there is very little chance of Ham doing freestyle, as he is likely to kill/knock out/concuss the handler while doing so. injured So, even for a crappy thrower like myself, I have learned to adjust with the JAWS disc. Just kidding! We have bought a few types, and like everyone said, it is mainly preference. rockin dog
labpaw
labpaw

My Name : Alisa
My Pet(s) : Pooh, Colby, Gracie Lou, Abe, Stew, Web, Miss P, & Goo
Number of posts : 1061
Taurus Pig

http://www.teamblabador.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingers Dad Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I have a ?? where do you all purchase Hyperflite JAWS Disc at. Now that we dont live as close to my parents we dont go swimming as much in the pond so I have started throwing the frisbee around with ginger and she loves it But she has tour up both of my kids frisbees. Not that the kids mind they like watching her catch them . Can I go to the local Pets Mart or would I have to order them online?

Gingers Dad

My Name : Bob
My Pet(s) : Ginger, Hemi-lou ,Sofie , &Roxy
Number of posts : 503
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Some pet stores have them, and a lot of times if they don't they can special order them for you. I know Pet Supplies Plus (don't know if you have those down there?) will special order just about anything and it doesn't cost extra. If not, you can order from their website:
http://skyhoundz.com/index.html
Sara
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey Bob, I'll bring some new Jawz discs I have along to the Chantilly event if you want to check them out and see how you and Ginger like them before buying some of your own. Sweet!
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingers Dad Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:42 am

Kel wrote:Hey Bob, I'll bring some new Jawz discs I have along to the Chantilly event if you want to check them out and see how you and Ginger like them before buying some of your own. Sweet!

Thanks Kel,

Maybe I can give it a try in that closed in area behind the dock if its the same set up as last year. Sweet!

Gingers Dad

My Name : Bob
My Pet(s) : Ginger, Hemi-lou ,Sofie , &Roxy
Number of posts : 503
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by gatorblueyes Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 pm

I got a Jaws and I LOVE it! I am actually going to purchase another. We have also used the Hero discs and those were fine too although not as sturdy. We went to our second event and the Quad recently. It was terrible weather but we did get third place in novice toss and fetch!
gatorblueyes
gatorblueyes

My Name : Andrea
My Pet(s) : Jubilee
Number of posts : 256
Capricorn Dragon

http://www.myspace.com/gatorblueyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Irish Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:29 pm

labpaw wrote:Shari,

Abe is the destroyer of all that is possibly destroyed Mad Dog , and the Hyperflite JAWS disc is tough and has lasted at least a month or so of almost daily practice. paw I don't allow him to have it, obviously, when we aren't playing, but we are working with him for frisbee too. Having said that, there is very little chance of Ham doing freestyle, as he is likely to kill/knock out/concuss the handler while doing so. injured So, even for a crappy thrower like myself, I have learned to adjust with the JAWS disc. Just kidding! We have bought a few types, and like everyone said, it is mainly preference. rockin dog

Alisa, you description of Ham cracks me up. Especially the part about Freestyle. I often think Bailey and Ham are long lost brothers. Too funny. Anyway, I would have to agree that I like the Jaws one the best. We've tried many others but if you have a toy destroyer on your hands, nothing compares to a Jaws.
Team Irish
Team Irish

My Name : Jillian
My Pet(s) : Bailey (YL), Reese (CL mix)
Number of posts : 457
Pisces Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboToller Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 pm

OK,
I can't believe I just saw this thread,but let me try to address everything I missed in one shot.
Congradulations Andrea on your first disc trophy,I really wanted to go to the Florida Quad but $$$ would not allow it.
Annie 11.5 is not a bad score at all for a first event,especially in the horrible weather we had in that Fint event.Disrespecting Sam Richards' awesome sound system,however is not allowed. Just clownin' around
As far as Crash and I go we are not a top level team although I appreciate all the nice comments.I started competing on July 4,06' and Crash is only 2 and far too crazy to control at this point,but we have placed or won fairly consistently in extreme distance where handling skills and training are not necessary.Seeker(my Blue Merle B.C.) is the house disc champ.
When it comes to discs,if you like Jawz,the cheapest place to get them is Jefferspets.com. About half the price but a lot less color selection than getting them from Hyperflight.
I personally prefer Hero discs.Hero also makes a few ultra-durable models which are comparable to Jawz. I will be putting in my order for the year with Hero in the next couple of weeks,so if anyone is interested contact me and I will get them for you in your choice of color and style at my discounted rate.
Anyone interested in disc or other sports should check out K9athlete.com. It's really cool site run by Ron Watson.Great training advice from many of the worlds top handlers. Sara Kel and I are all members.Check out the link to Pawsitive Vibe--Ron Watson and Apryl Lea's dog training studio in Cedar Springs MI. They offer private instruction and have disc dog drop ins on Sunday Afternoons for only $10--the best value in dog sports.I've went out there two of the last three weeks.
The sun is out so I'm gonna go get the girls and play!
Chip
TurboToller
TurboToller

My Name : Chip
My Pet(s) : Crash,Seeker,Reveille,Wyatt,Sully,Vane and Phate
Number of posts : 122
Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by gatorblueyes Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks Chip! Well let's just say I am glad you didn't spend the money to go to the Quad. It was really awful weather. I did get some Hero discs at that event though. Thanks for the frisbee tips purchasing and skill wise! Right now Jubilee is recovering from a surgery for a spot on her leg so we are out of comission for a while...especially since she figured out how to get around her cone and rip it open Oops!.
gatorblueyes
gatorblueyes

My Name : Andrea
My Pet(s) : Jubilee
Number of posts : 256
Capricorn Dragon

http://www.myspace.com/gatorblueyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:50 am

Hey Chip, thanks for all that info! And I didn't mean to insult the sound system! Haha Snickering I'll take a look at those websites for sure. Durable discs at a cheap price sounds wonderful....as I just bought two new Jawz discs on Friday for $17 a piece! Ahhhh there goes my money for college! rofl
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2