ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event

3 posters

Go down

Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event Empty Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event

Post by Milt Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada will have it's first official event next weekend! Make sure you check it out they are a fun group with lots of things planned!
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event Empty Re: Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event

Post by AmyK Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm

So exciting... I can't wait for an even close to the Michigan border...
AmyK
AmyK

My Name : Amy
My Pet(s) : Emmett & Reckless
Number of posts : 28
Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event Empty Re: Ultimate Air Dogs- Canada first event

Post by Milt Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Ultimate Air Dogs Canada coming to Friendship Festival
http://www.forterietimes.ca/2012/06/25/ultimate-air-dogs-canada-coming-to-friendship-festival

By Kris Dubé, Fort Erie Times

Monday, June 25, 2012 12:52:14 EDT PM
Stephanie Hounsell with her dog 'Phasor' at a recent Ultimate Air Dogs Canada competition. (Submitted photo)

The Friendship Festival has never seen flying dogs before, until the upcoming 26th run that starts in about a week.

Ultimate Air Dogs Canada will be at the Friendship Festival on June 30 and July 1 for a showcase of the fun-filled canine sport.

For ten years, the organization has existed in the United States, but a Canadian branch was just formed this year. Stephanie Hounsell, a Fort Erie resident, who is one of the people from all over Ontario behind the group, says they are looking forward to showcasing what they are all about.

"Fort Erie has never seen an organization like this before," said Hounsell.

"It is a first for Niagara and we expect it to be an exciting event with dogs and handlers from Ontario as well as the U.S. joining us for the weekend," she added.

There are two levels of competition that will be shown at the Friendship Festival.

The first is called 'Splash,' where dogs are judged by the distance of their jumps.

The second is called 'Catch-it,' where the canines are required to catch a toy in mid-air before landing in the water, after jumping from the dock that will be brought in to the festival grounds.

"If they don't catch it mid-air, the jump won't be scored," she said.

Interested dog owners will also be allowed to take their pet for a test jump or two (for ten dollars), to see if it is a sport that they might be interested in.

On Sunday July 1, all proceeds raised by Ultimate Air Dogs Canada will be donated to the Fort Erie SPCA.

For more information, visit www.ultimateairdogscanada.ca.
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ksummers Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Does Canada have a BSL in place for pit bull breeds? If so, has anyone ever travelled to Canada with pit bulls; any suggestions?
ksummers
ksummers

My Name : Kathy
My Pet(s) : Eden and Cooper
Number of posts : 8
Scorpio Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down