ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOCK Jumping Traning near NYC

4 posters

Go down

Must Reads! DOCK Jumping Traning near NYC

Post by fastidious19 Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:52 am

Hi,

I live in Jersey City, 10 minutes fro, NYC and am trying to get me 2 year old lap into dock jumping. We are both country boys at hear but had to move to the city because of work. Anyways I would like to get with a trainer or a group around the area to get my lab some more experience. Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
fastidious19
fastidious19

My Name : Chris Contento
My Pet(s) : Bettis
Number of posts : 2
Virgo Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Must Reads! Re: DOCK Jumping Traning near NYC

Post by Sevenz Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:04 pm

There will be an event in Edison NJ at the beginning of Feb...I would pre-register and come to try it out. You'll get practice time up on the dock before the competition and there will be TONS of people there to help you out myself and my husband included. That's how we started and we are now HOOKED to the sport, the people and the dogs involved in the sport!!!

Let me know if you have any other questions...we have been jumping our dog Seven for over a year. We are in no way experts, but we have a few tricks up our sleeves ;-)

Kim paw
Sevenz
Sevenz

My Name : Kim & Rob
My Pet(s) : Seven & Hanz
Number of posts : 155
Gemini Horse

http://www.freewebs.com/jumpngspseven

Back to top Go down

Post by chaserdog Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm in Middle Village, Queens with 2 Border Collies. Boy, do I understand what it is like to take a job in an area not quite suited for your dogs! BUT, I agree. I would pre-register for Edison. I tried my first event on Long Island (there are quite a few now) and got hooked, addicted, etc. There is also a place a little outside of Westchester that has a pool and a dock, although I have not been there. I am assuming it is seasonal... not sure exactly where it is.
GOOD LUCK! Hope to see you at a NY/NJ event :-)

Jen
chaserdog
chaserdog

My Name : Jen Nannery
My Pet(s) : Border Collies Chase & PRE
Number of posts : 55
Libra Rat

http://www.chaserdog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:43 am

welcome to uad this is a great sport so be prepared to get hooked brcause it happens verry easy. the best thing is it dosnt mater how big your dog jumps the pup that barley gets off the dock gets the about the same response as the dog that jumps over 20 ft. like sevenz said pre register slots fill quickly. then just show up you will have ablast, even if your dog doesnt get of the dock the first time it may take a couple events exspecialy indors dogs seem to do beter outdoors. but there are always people willing to help you out.
JT
JT

My Name : jamie
My Pet(s) : mikey pb 18'6 uv5'6 , mavrick pb 16 something over 19 when he decides to jump. and Roxi 4 y old GSP she just cheers the boys on. and timber comming in 2010 to a dock near you
Number of posts : 406
Capricorn Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down