ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KZOO

+10
stephz
Kel
Team Irish
Rajah
Sara
MaraLee
rocketdog
jtallen
LynnSWD
JT
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KZOO Empty KZOO

Post by JT Fri May 02, 2008 11:14 am

THE WEATHERS NOT LOOKING THAT GREAT FOR TOMARROW Oh so Sad TALKING THUNDER STORMS AND SUCH WHOS STILL GOING?
JT
JT

My Name : jamie
My Pet(s) : mikey pb 18'6 uv5'6 , mavrick pb 16 something over 19 when he decides to jump. and Roxi 4 y old GSP she just cheers the boys on. and timber comming in 2010 to a dock near you
Number of posts : 406
Capricorn Monkey

Back to top Go down

KZOO Empty Re: KZOO

Post by LynnSWD Fri May 02, 2008 11:17 am

BUT..... we are in Michigan.....the weather report can change from hour to hour!! Jump, jump, jump!

Lynn
paw
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am

Only if Milt cancels it because of the danger of lightning - that ever been done before???

Jim
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Fri May 02, 2008 11:49 am

Never trust the weather report in MI. They've been trying to tell us that it will rain all week here in SE MI and I haven't seen more than about 8 drops fall from the sky at my house. I have sod that wants free water!
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraLee Fri May 02, 2008 12:22 pm

At Petapalooza 2005 we had a rain delay. It was fun, though. Milt, Bill, Sara, Anna and I were huddled together in the registration tent with maybe 7 dogs! I was freaking out paranoid that lightening would strike the soaked ground and kill us all... so I made Lynnie, Waffles and Lucy get in our car. Atleast, my babies would survive.

Then at Petapalooza 2006 a sudden storm loomed on the horizon during the break before the Finals. Brian made the brilliant call to have each dog take ONE JUMP. Then, rain permitting, everyone could get their second jump. Amazingly, as if the Gods were watching our little dock, protecting our sweet dogs, the last dog in the running order finished his(or her) first jump, just as the storm struck!

(I was already hiding in the Aztec with my girls.)

Maybe this was an omen?

Okay, back to work!
MaraLee
MaraLee
MaraLee
Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri May 02, 2008 12:38 pm

That was AWESOME at that first Petapalooza---we're all huddled under the tent, scared we might DIE from lightning, and Jetson's out there, by himself, pushing the Jolly Ball into the pool and jumping himself in the monsoon!!! He is SUCH a nutball. You make me laugh ti
Sara
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 pm

MaraLee wrote:At Petapalooza 2005 we had a rain delay. It was fun, though. Milt, Bill, Sara, Anna and I were huddled together in the registration tent with maybe 7 dogs! I was freaking out paranoid that lightening would strike the soaked ground and kill us all... so I made Lynnie, Waffles and Lucy get in our car. Atleast, my babies would survive.

Then at Petapalooza 2006 a sudden storm loomed on the horizon during the break before the Finals. Brian made the brilliant call to have each dog take ONE JUMP. Then, rain permitting, everyone could get their second jump. Amazingly, as if the Gods were watching our little dock, protecting our sweet dogs, the last dog in the running order finished his(or her) first jump, just as the storm struck!

Actually that was Petapalooza 2007 when we each took just 1 jump. I remember Rajah being one of the last dogs and it really started to rain when we jumped. I think the other one was 2006?? We started jumping in 2006 (Rajah's 1st time he actually jumped was at petapalooza 2006) and it stormed at that jump. We were huddled under the dock. Maybe we shouldn't go to the K-Zoo jump... it is destiny to rain at those events ever since we started. It must be all our fault. Golly Gee! Just kidding!
Rajah
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraLee Fri May 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Thanks, Jeff. I don't want to go fix the dates, because then, your post won't make sense.

Maybe it is something Freudian, where I'm trying to lose a year, since hitting my 40 somethings?

Well, about the Petapalooza... like always, it will be everyone's choice where to go, with no repercussions from anyone else. That is something about UAD which makes me extremely proud. Our people jump everywhere. Shoot, I jump everywhere.

With that being mentioned, this year Milt and crew will be out at Shari's pond doing the Summer Splash Bash that weekend.

I doubt if we will make it out. Lynnie's ball schedule is crazy this Summer. She's working her touckas (sp?) off... literally! She's lost over 30 pounds since last August.

She has practice on the track two times a week, and practice in the gym two times a week... then, games on the weekends. But this is what she has to do to be able to play. It's amazingly competitive.

Last night she was really bummed out after practice. She had had a really hard practice, sore and aching muscles and challenging drills. Anyway, I tried to encourage her by saying that her coach may seem like he askes a lot from her, but that is because he believes in her and wants to help make Her dreams come true.... HER dreams, not his, not mine, not her Dad's.... hers! Hoopz

Oh well, I have to get off of here. I bought a dresser this morning for 70% off!!!! It's being delivered between 1 and 4 tomorrow. Now, I have to move an 8 foot by 8 foot book shelf unit that is FULLER than Cherry Fest will be!

:lol!:Hey, funny thing... I haven't told my husband, yet that I bought a major piece of furniture.... Hmmm, how funny if he finds out by reading it on here!

Talk to you all later.... call me if there's anything critical. Sara, Matt, Milt, Brian, Barb, Kel, Anna, Heather, Jim and Scott all have my number. Maybe I should just post the home phone?

I lost my cell phone again.... so it's the home line.

~Mare
MaraLee
MaraLee
Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Irish Fri May 02, 2008 2:40 pm

MaraLee wrote:

I doubt if we will make it out. Lynnie's ball schedule is crazy this Summer. She's working her touckas (sp?) off... literally! She's lost over 30 pounds since last August.

She has practice on the track two times a week, and practice in the gym two times a week... then, games on the weekends. But this is what she has to do to be able to play. It's amazingly competitive.

Last night she was really bummed out after practice. She had had a really hard practice, sore and aching muscles and challenging drills. Anyway, I tried to encourage her by saying that her coach may seem like he askes a lot from her, but that is because he believes in her and wants to help make Her dreams come true.... HER dreams, not his, not mine, not her Dad's.... hers! Hoopz

~Mare

Congrats Lynnie! You're an amazing young woman!!! Keep up the hard work. It will pay off! No pain, no gain, right? Flower Power
Team Irish
Team Irish

My Name : Jillian
My Pet(s) : Bailey (YL), Reese (CL mix)
Number of posts : 457
Pisces Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Team Irish Fri May 02, 2008 2:40 pm

ps. Good Luck in Kzoo tomorrow everyone! Let the rain stay away!!! {as it's pouring down here right now in South Bend}
Team Irish
Team Irish

My Name : Jillian
My Pet(s) : Bailey (YL), Reese (CL mix)
Number of posts : 457
Pisces Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I just looked at the radar and there are thunderstorms all the way down to Lafayette Ind to Louisville and back into Kansas!!!
It is pouring here in Lansing, but that is today and tomorrow is eons off by Mich weather standards.

Jim
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Fri May 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Good luck to everyone! We will be going to Pat's on Sunday for RNR... not sure what we'll be doing on Saturday yet. Hopefully the rain will hold out for you all.

I remember both those events... still, one multi-sport trial I was at a few years back has to take the cake! There was a TORNADO and thunder/lightening storm that rolled through... so, what did some of us do? We moved the trial inside and crammed everything into a couple small rooms! It was nuts. We got through the rest of obedience that way... and then, after things had cleared, went back outside, picked up/dried off the agility equipment and EZ-ups that had blown all over the place and finished up with agility too! Talk about insanity...

Last edited by Kel on Fri May 02, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Fri May 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Sara wrote:That was AWESOME at that first Petapalooza---we're all huddled under the tent, scared we might DIE from lightning, and Jetson's out there, by himself, pushing the Jolly Ball into the pool and jumping himself in the monsoon!!! He is SUCH a nutball. You make me laugh ti

Umm - like father like son??? Hee hee - just kidding Bri!!!
stephz
stephz

My Name : Steph
My Pet(s) : Jinx
Number of posts : 679
Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Fri May 02, 2008 3:46 pm

That was AWESOME at that first Petapalooza---we're all huddled under the tent, scared we might DIE from lightning, and Jetson's out there, by himself, pushing the Jolly Ball into the pool and jumping himself in the monsoon!!! He is SUCH a nutball. You make me laugh ti

I have a picture of Jetson doing this in TN during a huge thunderstorm that finally came through (brought the temps down to 95 a welcome cool down). Jet Boy you silly dog!!! Guess he LOVES playing on that there dock!
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Fri May 02, 2008 4:12 pm

well its still up in the air if traceys going to come or not but me and mikey are going to brave it we' probly drag mavrick along and let the girls stay home
JT
JT

My Name : jamie
My Pet(s) : mikey pb 18'6 uv5'6 , mavrick pb 16 something over 19 when he decides to jump. and Roxi 4 y old GSP she just cheers the boys on. and timber comming in 2010 to a dock near you
Number of posts : 406
Capricorn Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri May 02, 2008 4:28 pm

We will see ya all in KZOO we will be there for sure, but we will be bringing the rain gear because it sounds like it will be a very wet Saturday.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Fri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Brian,
If want to leave your tent home you can "bunk" with me.

Jim
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri May 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Sounds good.

Thanks,
Brian Well I guess my dad says he is going to be able to come and we are gonna bring the motorhome. Thanks for the offer though I appreciate it!!!!
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri May 02, 2008 5:54 pm

team sky wrote:Sounds good.

Thanks,
Brian Well I guess my dad says he is going to be able to come and we are gonna bring the motorhome. Thanks for the offer though I appreciate it!!!!

I don't know how that happened, it combined my replies. But, anyway as you can tell above sounds like dad will be with me and we are going to bring the motorhome.

Thanks,
Brian
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Fri May 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Yes dad will be there, but son was the one who wanted to bring the motorized tent vehicle. We are planning to leave around 7:15 to get there in plenty of time. Believe it or not the 'son" has everything [acked and ready to roll, or so he says. Chance of rain is around 60 % but as with every weather forecast in Michigan I only believe it if I can see it at the moment. I am counting on rain and bringing rain gear. Either way I will stay mostly dry.
I'll keep the coffee pot on in the motorized tent vehicle.

See you all there.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Motorized tent vehicle... lol. Nice term... I like it! Snickering
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri May 02, 2008 9:36 pm

I think Moose will need to go in the motor tent vehicle and spend some quality time talking with Sky about hunting during the breaks :-)
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I think Moose will need to go in the motor tent vehicle and spend some quality time talking with Sky about hunting during the breaks :-)
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri May 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Just looked at the weather. Only a 30% chance of rain in the afternoon. Tell Tracy to get her booty down to KZOO Jamie!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Hopefully, we can park the motorized tent vehicle somewhere close to the pool area.

Don't know about all of you, but I think a set of wings might get the pups permanently airborn tomorrow. I just checked the wind an currently we have 30 mile an hour gusts here in GR, and supposedly more wind tomorrow.
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next