ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan

+2
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam
Ten
6 posters

Go down

Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan Empty Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan

Post by Ten Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Anyone going to sign up for this event? August 7 - 8. Thinking about signing Ten up. It's been awhile since we've visited our Michigan friends.

http://srsclubs.com/schedule/AmericanRetrieverAssoc.php

Barb and Ten Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan Icon_biggrin
Ten
Ten

My Name : Ten
Number of posts : 71
Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan Empty Re: Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan

Post by AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:24 am

Are they doing super fly
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam
AmphibiousAssaultDogTeam

My Name : Norman Candi and Dakota Brown
My Pet(s) : Kota's Delight Kady Bark Kent Chaos
Number of posts : 206
Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan Empty Re: Super Retriever Series Club Event - Michigan

Post by flyingbcs Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 am

Do they allow spectators?
flyingbcs
flyingbcs

My Pet(s) : Lansing
Number of posts : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Brie Cheese Dog Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:07 pm

They are not doing super fly. Yes, they allow spectators.
Brie Cheese Dog
Brie Cheese Dog

My Name : Anna
My Pet(s) : Colby Jack, Brie Cheese and Foresty Cheese
Number of posts : 24
Leo Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ten Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Hey everyone... Ten and I are coming to Michigan to run in the Super Retriever Series Retriever Trial next weekend, August 7-8 in Williamston. Would love you guys to come out and watch Ten run/compete.

See you soon,

Barb and Ten
Ten
Ten

Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Barb

Art and I might be there. We were planning on it but.... the following weekend our pup Quinn is entered in the WC hosted by HRLRC. They are having a practice day the weekend before at the same venue, so we think we need to go there and that will be 8/7. We have to see what is up for Sunday. I usually ride my horse one day a weekend. We just have to decide.

It is SO cool you are entered! I would LOVE to watch Ten work the field! We have gotten really into this. I have a field golden pup in the works to play with too, Art handles Quinn.

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingbcs Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:17 pm

I would love to come and watch you guys...probably on Sunday because I'm working on Sat.
flyingbcs
flyingbcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ten Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey Ann D. and Ann W.,

I'm bummed guys... just found out that the Club hosting the SRS event cancelled due to low entries, one reason being that teams were complaining that they lacked training due to heat. I was very excited about going, especially with you guys coming out. Sara was going to join and stay with me at the event too! Well Ten and I will run a Field Trial up in MI so I can visit with Sara. I'll let you know when and where. I would love for you guys to see him, he's really fun to watch. A lotta dog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ann, you must be enjoying Quinn training for field work, hah lots to learn. Definitely the WC is the perfect place to start, as well as UKC Started. Ten got his WC, we had a great time. See if you can find any puppy stakes too. I ran Ten in 2 puppy stakes. Ann, there's a UKC SHR in Ohio coming up, check it out. That's were I ran Ten, nice people up there at Pioneer Club. Good Luck with Quinn's WC!!

Barb and Ten
Ten
Ten

Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Ten wrote:
Ann, you must be enjoying Quinn training for field work, hah lots to learn. Definitely the WC is the perfect place to start, as well as UKC Started. Ten got his WC, we had a great time. See if you can find any puppy stakes too. I ran Ten in 2 puppy stakes. Ann, there's a UKC SHR in Ohio coming up, check it out. That's were I ran Ten, nice people up there at Pioneer Club. Good Luck with Quinn's WC!!

Barb and Ten

Funny you should mention the UKC in Ohio.... We are contemplating that. We want to see how she is at the WC before we enter. She gets overstimulated and can be noisy first of all, secondly, if she does as well as she has been training is yet to be seen. She is still a green horn as are we. She has a lot of natural talent. The weekend of the UKC test, there is also an AKC agility/rally trial in Grand Rapids. I will be there, as I committed to some friends, but Art may still go to the UKC on his own. I want to be there but.... Teddi is going to try her hand at rally. And I have my fingers crossed.... Belle "might" be able to return to the agility ring in jumpers at least. We will see. She did return to class last night, had a great time and did well but we kept the jumps low.

Barb, I am getting ANOTHER puppy. This one will be a golden out of strong performance lines. Momma is a daughter of Rosehill's Mr Speaker who was a great field golden. Daddy is High Times What A Hoot. He is highly titled in obedience, rally and agility but he also has his MH and went QAA at the age of 2 1/2. So I am going to do some field with this pup too. We have a really nice trainer in the area. We are really enjoying it. I LOVE to train dogs.

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:50 am

Ann--

There is a Kalamazoo Valley HRC fun hunt tomorrow...I know this is super last minute but I didn't know you were interested in HRC! I'm taking Ozzy (yes GSP's can run in HRC) to see how he does, and after that we may go to one of the Ohio HRC events depending on how he does. We've worked more on the pointing dog stuff than the retrieving work, and he has gotten BAD-I think he's going through his teens and thus it's rebellion time. He's great playing fetch with a disc or ball, but he has figured out when a bird is shot over him, he gets it, brings it back, game over, and he thinks that sucks. So, he likes to run with the bird and ignore me for a while. We're working on fixing it, but don't know how long it will take.

Here's the KVHRC's website in case you would want to come last minute:

http://www.kvhrc.com/

Barb this SUCKS! I was so looking forward to seeing Ten in action, boo. Oh yeah, I wanted to hang out with you too LOL! We'll have to try it again with a field trial or something for sure. Next year when Ozzy's more polished (would like to get a bird season under his belt) I'll have to look for some pointing dog stuff out your way!
Sara
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingbcs Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:53 pm

That's too bad Barb...Williamston is really close to where we live. Maybe next year??
flyingbcs
flyingbcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Sara wrote:Ann--

There is a Kalamazoo Valley HRC fun hunt tomorrow...I know this is super last minute but I didn't know you were interested in HRC! I'm taking Ozzy (yes GSP's can run in HRC) to see how he does, and after that we may go to one of the Ohio HRC events depending on how he does. We've worked more on the pointing dog stuff than the retrieving work, and he has gotten BAD-I think he's going through his teens and thus it's rebellion time. He's great playing fetch with a disc or ball, but he has figured out when a bird is shot over him, he gets it, brings it back, game over, and he thinks that sucks. So, he likes to run with the bird and ignore me for a while. We're working on fixing it, but don't know how long it will take.

Here's the KVHRC's website in case you would want to come last minute:

http://www.kvhrc.com/

Barb this SUCKS! I was so looking forward to seeing Ten in action, boo. Oh yeah, I wanted to hang out with you too LOL! We'll have to try it again with a field trial or something for sure. Next year when Ozzy's more polished (would like to get a bird season under his belt) I'll have to look for some pointing dog stuff out your way!

Thanks for the info Sarah. We went up north this weekend to see Art's parents. Dogs did a LOT of dock jumping. We are always interested in information and if we can work it out we love to go. We have a practice next Sat, then Quinn's WC the following weekend. We may take Teddi to the practice but we will see.... she was not retrieving this weekend. BAD TEDDI! She is a very funny dog.

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down