ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show?

+6
Milt
LoriL
llcnet
Rajah
team sky
Intellabs
10 posters

Go down

2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show? Empty 2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show?

Post by Intellabs Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 pm

I trying to determine the costs ahead of time before I get to the Ultimate Sport Show next month. Is it $15.00 per dog per splash (regardless if you have a 2nd jumper), or is it $10.00 for the 2nd dog per splash or however many jumpers you more then one?

Who is planning on being at the Ultimate Sport Show and what days? We will be there saturday & sunday if we can avoid any hard landings this time. I have heard though that any landing you can walk away from is considered a good one!! 2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show? Icon_biggrin
Intellabs
Intellabs

My Name : Roger
My Pet(s) : Katie, Koko, Oberon, Kota, Sugar, Knitrous and Hershey
Number of posts : 709
Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show? Empty Re: 2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show?

Post by team sky Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 pm

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
2010 FEES
AS OF 2010, jump fees will be $15 per Splash, Fetch or Catch, for all dogs NOT participating in the UKC program, unless otherwises indicated. IF YOU WANT YOUR SCORES TURNED INTO THE UKC, THE JUMP FEE WILL BE $20 PER DOG, PER SPLASH.
Please, pay at the event in cash or check.
We do not take credit cards.

I didn't see that there was a multi-dog discount this year. Did I miss it?
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show? Empty Re: 2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show?

Post by Intellabs Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:43 pm

I read the same thing, I was hoping there would be a multi dog discount.
Intellabs
Intellabs

My Name : Roger
My Pet(s) : Katie, Koko, Oberon, Kota, Sugar, Knitrous and Hershey
Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Nope, no multi dog discount... and it will cost a little more, but it still isn't too bad. It just sucks the cost is up for UKC recognition.
Rajah
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by llcnet Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 am

Oh so Sad

Last edited by llcnet on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
llcnet
llcnet

My Name : Linda
My Pet(s) : Dusty
Number of posts : 211
Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriL Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:50 am

At $15.00 a dog UAD is still below what other organizations charge. In addition you do not have to pay in advance and can get your money back if you have to pull your dog during the event. I think the extra $5.00 is fair as I am sure sending the information to UKC requires a lot more paperwork. Milt and Brian have always done everything they can to keep costs down and still doing thier best in this hard economy.

LoriL

My Name : Lori
Number of posts : 387
Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:28 am

LoriL wrote:At $15.00 a dog UAD is still below what other organizations charge. In addition you do not have to pay in advance and can get your money back if you have to pull your dog during the event. I think the extra $5.00 is fair as I am sure sending the information to UKC requires a lot more paperwork. Milt and Brian have always done everything they can to keep costs down and still doing thier best in this hard economy.

I agree!
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Milt Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am

Here's the deal! I have to pay the UKC a registration fee for each event that we determine will be sanctioned by the UKC. I also have to pay the UKC a fee every time we register each one of your jumps with them. I have paid these fees for the last 2 years but now we have many dogs jumping for their UKC titles and it's starting to get very expensive to cover these fees. I have tried to keep expenses down and we are by far the less expensive dock jumping company to jump at.
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks Milt for keeping everything reasonable!
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by llcnet Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I understand that UAD is just passing on the costs. I've gone through this in the horse world.

Every organization needs $$ to run.

Jumping in the UAD pool is FUN!! 2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show? 311601
llcnet
llcnet

My Name : Linda
My Pet(s) : Dusty
Number of posts : 211
Gemini Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraLee Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Milt wrote:Here's the deal! I have to pay the UKC a registration fee for each event that we determine will be sanctioned by the UKC. I also have to pay the UKC a fee every time we register each one of your jumps with them. I have paid these fees for the last 2 years but now we have many dogs jumping for their UKC titles and it's starting to get very expensive to cover these fees. I have tried to keep expenses down and we are by far the less expensive dock jumping company to jump at.

I just wanted to thank you, Milt, for absorbing these costs for the last two years so that we could all be a part of the UKC. As participation in the UKC program has grown, so has the cost. All the while, our competitors have had no idea that you were paying this for all of us. This is just one more example of the many things that you (and Brian) do for all of us to have UAD!

Thank you for all you do!

MaraLee
MaraLee
MaraLee
Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 pm

What is the point of UKC recognition? What do I get out of it? $5 extra seem like a lot to me. Especially since I do not know what the fee's are. $20 is just too much for us to pay, on top of parking, food, entrance fee's, gas, lodging, ect.. I love doing this, dont get me wrong but we just had an increase last year. I guess I dont understand fully what it means to have the jumps recognized by the UKC.

Beth
bethandryder
bethandryder

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Ryder and Hershey, ESS
Number of posts : 303
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Beth I'm not sure what you mean about the increase for last year?

All other dock jumping organizations charge $20 for fees, and some even charge yearly membership fees on top of that. Having your jumps recognized by UKC means if your dog is UKC registered then your jumps will count towards UKC dock jumping titles, which are official titles that stay with the dog for life.
Sara
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Milt Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Beth we have not raised the fees to jump at UAD in quite a few years. The increase this year is just for teams that want their UKC titles and not for everyone else. We are the cheapest organization to jump at and we try to keep costs down to make it affordable for everyone.
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Dog Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 pm

I kind of like the higher fee's (that sounds ridiculous). Because of the growing popularity of jumping, we didn't get to any events last year 2010 Splash Costs? Also who is going to the Ultimate Sports Show? Icon_sad splashes were always full. With the higher prices, I'm hoping we have a chance to get to at least one this year.
Devil Dog
Devil Dog

My Name : Dave
My Pet(s) : Macey & Cinder
Number of posts : 27
Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down