ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta Brag....Again!!!

3 posters

Go down

Gotta Brag....Again!!! Empty Gotta Brag....Again!!!

Post by Ann DHondt Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Please forgive me. Sweet! I am so proud of Belle. So we decided dock jumping is not her thing but boy does she LOVE agility.

This past winter Belle moved up in AKC agility to Excellent "B" Preferred in jumpers and standard. Once there they start working on their master titles (need 10 legs each) and their championships. To earn that you need 20 double Q's (one in standard and jumpers on the same day) and if you run regular (Belle is preferred) you need to get what are called MACH points. We don't have that luxuary, phew.

Any way in 6 trials since moving up to "B", she has earned 6 double Q's and that has qualified her to compete in AKC Nationals next March!!!! A Round of Applause! rockin dog Rootbeer Cheers!

Considering Belle's very first agility run ever in competition was April 2008, she has come a LONG way in a short period of time. I am so very proud of her. She is an easy dog to run, she makes me look pretty good out there, I could not ask for a better partner. I hope by the end of 2010 to finish her PAX the preferred version of the MACH.

We are heading to Labrador Nationals in Oct in Bloomington IL. My "hope" is to complete one or both of her master titles there. She needs 3 more jumper Q's, and 4 more standard. We have one mor trial before Lab Nat so that should put us in striking distance if we don't totally mess up at Grand Rapids in September.

Also Teddi has her first agility trial. She is running CPE enthusiast level, she did 4 runs and received 2 Q's, and won both classes she Q'd in. She has a long way to go before she is running like Belle, but she is off to a good start. We wondered if we were ever going to play.
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Gotta Brag....Again!!! Empty Re: Gotta Brag....Again!!!

Post by Mary and Brewster Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi Ann, congrats on all the hard work you and Belle have been doing and good luck in Oct and especially in March. You'll have to let us know how you do! We'll be thinking about you all. On another note how is Maxine doing? You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and hope to see you and the pups soon!
Mary and Brewster
Mary and Brewster

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Brewster and Riley
Number of posts : 427
Virgo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Congrats to Belle, Teddi, and you. Keep up the good work. Miss you at jumps.
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 pm

I was really bummed to miss Canton, heck it was right next door, but I was waiting all year for this one trial to enter Teddi in her first event and it's the same weekend. Trust me I was hoping for jumps on Friday or later that we "might" be able to make. Teddi wants to dock jump too! We "might" do Novi if UAD comes again.

Mary thanks for asking about Max. She is "ok". We are on pain management, fortunately for now a low dose. She tries to be active, we don't let her do too much. We do try to let her go to the park a few times a week still if she looks up to it. She is such a great dog, and I can't help but feel she is being strong for me. I know I am supposed to be for her, but that is not working very well. We hope she will be up for a trip up north for Labor Day weekend. Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately I will be missing the UA Games this year too Oh so Sad The September Grand Rapids agility trial moved up a week, now it conflcts. I also would like to bring Max around one last time, but that does not look like it will happen. She does have 3 UAD Novice titles, she qualified for the first ever UA games, which were postponed, but then had her second knee go bad before and had to miss out and retire.

Hope to see you all very soon!!!

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down