ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Misti
JT
Laszlo's Botond
team sky
jtallen
Labwake
TR75
Phoenix
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

**SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up - Page 2 Empty Re: **SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up

Post by SKY Sr. Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm

We are completely flexible. I know what Sky does and how she hunts, so it won't be a problem. I would probably leave her down the entire time since that is what she is used to, but if there are those who don't want to run pointers and "semi-flushers" together I have no problem with that either. You just need to remember your time frames if you decide to plant the field three times, each hunt could need to be very short.

Last edited by SKY Sr. on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo's)
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

**SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up - Page 2 Empty Re: **SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up

Post by Misti Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:38 pm

We would like Ludwig (Lu)GSP to hunt with the pointers. He has hunted before. Doug is willing to just walk with Lu and not shoot with him, if that helps.
We would prefer that he does not run with the flushers.

Misti can run with the flushers. Chloe is a flusher but has not hunted and we would like to run her with the flushers, if she is bothersome to anyone she will be put up. WE do not need to be a seperate group.

Misti

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Misti, Wizard, Ludwig(Lu)
Number of posts : 136
Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:28 pm

I am still working out some details with pat at the preserve. So just bare with me. I will get further info posted soon. Thanks!
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:46 pm

One other thing. It is calling for it to be 45 and raining on Sunday. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you guys all still want to go. Me as an avid hunter will still go but I know some don't want to hunt in that kind of weather. Thanks!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Beth thanks for all you are doing to get everything set up.

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by cheese dogs Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Beth,
Can you email me about this? Sorry can't find your email!
Thanks
Anna
cheese dogs
cheese dogs

My Name : Anna
My Pet(s) : Colby, Brie
Number of posts : 82
Leo Dog

http://www.colbysflyingleap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 am

Beth,
I PM about another possible hunter with no dog. That would be Mike VanderHeide. He would like 3 pheasants if he can still be added on.
Thanks for your help Beth.

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:25 am

I am not trying to be a jerk I promise but seriously sign ups were through MARCH 1st as stated in the title. For the reason that I have to get everything organized with the preserve owner. I can't keep calling him daily and adding more birds, more people and more dogs. There will be another chance. The people who are listed on the list talked to me and commited by March 1st.

At this point I just need to have you all tell me if you are still ok with going with the weather the way it is going to be. I am not going to tell the guy at the preserve that we all are going to come and then get phone calls that the weather sucks so somoene doens't want to go...........
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 am

We will still be there!
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:25 am

We will still be there as will Keith Bierenga and Brenda

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by DogsUnlimited Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 pm

We'll still be there too!!
DogsUnlimited
DogsUnlimited

My Pet(s) : Cajun, Champ, Bear, Hunter & Riot
Number of posts : 273
Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Beth,

Do you have the final plan, for the hunts? 1 field 3 plants, 2 fields etc. Just curious, I know you have been working on this pretty diligently.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 pm

At this point we are going to do 1 field three plantings. Then in the end we will split the birds taken between everyone who paid for birds. The guy at the preserve said with the hard winter that will work best as their cover has been pretty well destroyed to do more than one field right now.

I wish Phoenix would be ok with gunshot. She has really come out of her shell and I would love to run her but I have to make sure I put her best interest at mind and I havn't done any gun intro training with her yet. I really want to see her and Moose work together. Some day, some day!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Maybe if we finish early you could put them in the field without guns.

If we want to shoot skeet should we be there to shoot prior to 12:30?

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Let me check on the sceet thing. I will let you all know.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:At this point we are going to do 1 field three plantings. Then in the end we will split the birds taken between everyone who paid for birds. The guy at the preserve said with the hard winter that will work best as their cover has been pretty well destroyed to do more than one field right now.

I wish Phoenix would be ok with gunshot. She has really come out of her shell and I would love to run her but I have to make sure I put her best interest at mind and I havn't done any gun intro training with her yet. I really want to see her and Moose work together. Some day, some day!

So the day will look like:

Plant 1: Pointing Dogs Only
Plant 2: Flushing dogs only
Plant 3: Pointing Dogs that will interfere with our flushing dogs.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Not 100% sure exactly how it is going to get split. Can't know for sure til we get there. But no matter how it is done we should all have fun!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Just a reminder everyone needs some blaze orange this weekend.
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Update for you all. No we don't have to get there early if you don't want to for skeet shooting. He did say today though that the yare pretty wet out there and that they can "work around the flooded areas...." I don't like the sound of that personaly. Like Jeff said if he wanted to go hunting in waders he would go duck hunting! LOL.

What do you all think???? Should we try and find another date? We can always do a Chukar hunt like after April if we want as well. Or we can see if there are any dates in April that work.....Give me some feedback!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:53 pm

I will still be there tomorrow. I kind of expected a lot of water.
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Just talked with Taylor's and they are still planning on it along with Jim. So looks like all is good.

Now what about Thunder Storms? I guess they are calling for possible Thunder Storms tomorrow....
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Brian T and I have been watching the weather all day for more than one reason (wet basements are not fun). Looks like from what we are seeing it may pass south of us, but it is Michigan and If you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it will change.

As BT mentioned in a PM to Beth. the big consideration will be for the dogs safety and health. If we end up hunting cut corn, it could be very sloppy and sticky mud, which could be a problem for the dogs. I have seen the results of heavy mud and blown ACL's and hips on dogs when they are excited and running in thick sticky mud.

From our perspective after today's rain we are still planning to be there, in fact I just drove to Wellston and back to pick up all my wet weather gear, which I had left at the hunting cabin.

I will probably bring the neoprene waders along anyway though, just in case, quack, quack, quack. Ultimate Air Elation
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:23 am

1120 PM I just pulled up the weather and starting at 2 PM we have a better than 50% chance of rain and only 37 degrees. For the safety of the dogs in the mud do you think we should look for another date? Also there is a flood warning for the Chippewa river south of Mt. Pleasant. I think that is in the Shepherd area maybe.

We will hunt but it does not look like fun. Is there another date available?

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:30 am

We have a good 2 1/2 hour drive and wanted to make sure everything was still a go. We are planning on leaving about 9:30 so we have time for a gas stop on the way.
I PM'd you Beth with our cell phone number. If you need to contact us after 9:30.

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnSWD Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:20 am

HAVE FUN TODAY EVERYONE!!!!
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next