ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Misti
JT
Laszlo's Botond
team sky
jtallen
Labwake
TR75
Phoenix
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

**SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up Empty **SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up

Post by Phoenix Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 am

Alright.... after much waiting here is the info.

Date: March 8th
Time: Arrive between 12:30 and 1 pm.
Place: North Valley Ringnecks Shepherd, MI
http://www.northvalleyringnecks.com/index.html

Cost: $50 per hunter minimum. You choose the type of birds you want based on these prices as long as you get at least $50 worth:
Pheasant: $18
Chukar : $12
You also get the cley shooting to warm up if you want

Now I need three pieces of information:
1. Who is going
2. If you will actualy be hunting or just taggin along (taggin along is fine too)
3. Will you be bringing a dog and if so pointer or flusher
4. What kind of birds you want and quantity. I personaly think we should all either go all chukar or all pheasant to make it easier to split birds in the end.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sign up by March 1st. So I can make the reservations with final numbers. They have us down but I didn't tell them how many would be there! Thanks!

(Anyone who is moderator if you could make this a sticky until after the hunt that would be great)

I will start the sign up:

1. Jeff DeVries-hunting-3 Pheasant
2. Beth DeVries- non-hunting (helping handle dogs)
3. Jim Allen-Hunting-6 Pheasant-Moose-GSP
4. Brian Butler SR-3 Pheasant-Sky
5. Brian Butler Jr-3 Pheasant
6. Jamie Thebo-non-hunting-Duchess GSP
7.Tracy-non hunting
8. Mary-3 pheasants
9. Doug-4 pheasants-Misti
10.Lynn Taylor-3 Pheasant-Hunter GSP
11.John Taylor-non hunting
12. Ron Parker- Dakota-3 Pheasants
13. Keith Bierenga-Chloe-3 Pheasants
14. Brenda Bierenga-non-hunting
15.Tammy Karakas-non-hunting-Ludwig GSP

I will edit this and fill in your names and such as we go and we can have more than 10 people I just started with that!

Last edited by Phoenix on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 9 times in total
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

**SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up Empty Re: **SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up

Post by TR75 Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 am

Sounds like fun. Maybe some day we can come up there and give it a try.
TR75
TR75

My Name : Matt
My Pet(s) : Jake & Gunther
Sponsors : Nylabone
Number of posts : 1345
Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

**SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up Empty Re: **SIGN UP BY MARCH 1st** Much Awaited UAD Huntin Info/Sign Up

Post by Labwake Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Do we have to pay to watch? (I think my last race will be canceled, so I might be able to come after all......)
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 pm

No you don't have to pay to watch.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Me, and of course Moose - 6 Pheasants!!
I doubt that I could hit a Chukar :-)
I am going up there Sunday with 2 other teachers to hunt. Will post how it went.
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:10 pm

We will bring Sky most likely. Hopefully star will be at the trainer. So Butlers X 2 and 6 birds. Hopefully we can run Sky with the Pointers so we can flush the birds with a dog. It makes it so much easier to prepare for a shot that way.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Or train your pointers for real hunting instead of hunting games :-P I like mine to flush on my command after pointing but I know this doesnt aquate well to hynt tests and field trials
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:03 pm

I can't speak for Jim but I know if Moose was still my dog I wouldn't want a flusher breaking in to flush on his point for how well he is retrieving now. A pointing dog will start to bust their own birds if a flusher does it for them too offten. Not a good thing to get a pointing dog frustrated as you have to start from scratch again.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Shouldn't effect moose at all. Pointing dogs are supposed to honor a dog flushing the bird. At least most pointing dogs are supposed to, thats why out west and down south they run pointers and flushers. Most guides outside of the state of Michigan run both at the same time. And hunting a flushing dog with a pointer has never bothered the brittneys we hunt with, so it shouldn't matter with a shorthaired pointer.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:16 pm

I will respectfully disagree with you on this Brian. All the GSP people I know and I know many won't run their GSP with a pointing dog. Every pointing dog magazine says not to do it along with the pro-trainers who are out west. But to each their own. It will have to be Jim's decision not ours! :-)
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by JT Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 pm

ok put me down for 3 phesants and im bringing duchess and tracey will probly come along to watch since ill be running her dog
JT
JT

My Name : jamie
My Pet(s) : mikey pb 18'6 uv5'6 , mavrick pb 16 something over 19 when he decides to jump. and Roxi 4 y old GSP she just cheers the boys on. and timber comming in 2010 to a dock near you
Number of posts : 406
Capricorn Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:12 am

We will be there...

Doug hunting with Misti
flusher
we would like 4 pheasants.
I will be along to watch.
How will you handle any extra birds that are shot?

We would prefer to hunt with flushers.

Misti

My Name : Mary
My Pet(s) : Misti, Wizard, Ludwig(Lu)
Number of posts : 136
Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:32 pm

As far as extra birds that may be shot. I will have to check on the preserve rules. I think they charge a reduced price for birds that are shot that are past what we all put out.
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks Jeff. Farmland Pheasants charges I think $5 for extra birds. It is possible to get the extra birds with all of the great hunting dogs going.

Misti wanted to run an extra mile today on the treadmill to get ready.

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:14 pm

When Glen and I went we didn't find all the birds we put out so there are 4 hens and one rooster out there (lucky rooster:-), if the preditors didn't get them. :-(
We worked the fields twice, so it is likely they flew into the woods.
I would be surprised if we get more birds than we are putting out.
They don't say on their web page that there is a charge if you get more than you put out.
Also they will clean them for $2.00 a bird, if you want.
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Labwake wrote:Do we have to pay to watch? (I think my last race will be canceled, so I might be able to come after all......)
we can have watchers carry the birds A Round of Applause! Just kidding!
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Beth,

I think we may have been misunderstood for number of birds. Please do 6 birds total for Brian and me. I don't need 12 birds.
In fact I may carry the camera for part of the time. But Camera and Gun don't necessarily work together.

We may even consider bringing some smoked birds for "snackage" so if you want to start putting together a list of snackage type stuff you can count on use for the smoked birds.

Brian Sr.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:51 pm

I will change it. Thanks!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by DogsUnlimited Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Ok, count John & I in with Hunter!

Since we don't know what we're doing, we'll need some help!! We're not sure but imagine Hunter will be a pointer (Laugin' out loud!) not a flusher, and I'll be happy to pay for some pheasant as long as someone will shoot them for me!!
DogsUnlimited
DogsUnlimited

My Pet(s) : Cajun, Champ, Bear, Hunter & Riot
Number of posts : 273
Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Shooting pheasants, any time, any place, we will be glad to help with that part.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by DogsUnlimited Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Thanks Brian!!
I'll definitely take you up on it!
DogsUnlimited
DogsUnlimited

My Pet(s) : Cajun, Champ, Bear, Hunter & Riot
Number of posts : 273
Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:08 pm

I will edit the post and add you guys.
This is going to be a lot of fun!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Keith Bierenga will hunt, he would like 3 pheasants, his wife Brenda will not hunt but will come along.
They will have their Choc. Lab Chloe, flusher.
Chloe has not hunted before but she can run with Misti if that is okay. He will put her up if she is disturbing anyone.

There may be one other hunter but they will not know until the end of the week, if that would be okay. We know that you wanted to know by the first but he won't know until later in the week.

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Misti Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Tammy Karakas will be coming but not hunting. Ludwig (Lu) GSP will also be coming and hunting with Doug.

Misti

Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 am

Ok I am thinking out loud here so lets do some brain storming. We have 15 people signed up. Wich is GREAT! A HUGE variety of dogs. It looks like a total of 25 birds will be planted.

I know that there is one group who wants to hunt together for sure:

Doug-Misti
Mary
Tammy-Ludwig
Keith -Chloe
Brenda

Total of 7 birds for them

Then we have the flushing dogs:

Brian-Sky
Brian-Star
Ron-Dakota

Total of 9 birds

Then we have the pointers:
Jim-Moose
Beth
Jeff
Jamie-Duchess
John
Lynn-Hunter

Total of 9 birds

I think with this group we should run Moose the whole time as we know his hunting abilities and then rotate between Duchess and Hunter.

Is this the way we want it split? If so it may mean planting the field 3 times. No biggy I don't think (I will check for sure with the preserve in a day or so).

Or were some of you hoping to run some of the flushing dogs with the pointers? Reason I ask is don't own any of the pointing dogs anymore so it isn't my call.....

Talk to me! Let me know what you all are thinking!
Phoenix
Phoenix

Sagittarius Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next