ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weightpull for beginners,Any interest??

+7
crazyjackpack
Labwake
Rowdymuttz
rocketdog
Kel
LoriL
Team LUV-A-Bulls
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weightpull for beginners,Any interest?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Weightpull for beginners,Any interest??

Post by Labwake Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:35 pm

I plan to drive my whole dog truck, so I'll have plenty of room for everyone! Will this be inside or out?
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Weightpull for beginners,Any interest?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Weightpull for beginners,Any interest??

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:47 am

Inside and out depending on the weather. we will have the actuall cart inside. and will have about a thousand pounds sitting outside the building door. so we should be set for the first few weeks. if the weather is not to bad we may even move the cart outside and practice. we will see how it goes. I am getting really excited!! this will be alot of fun especially since its mostly all UAD people that we already know. Wow you have alot of dogs are they pretty much the same size??
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

My Name : Heather
My Pet(s) : Splash,Digger,Bazooka Joe and PorkChop
Number of posts : 674
Pisces Pig

http://www.teamluvabulls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Well I'm going to bring my team of sled dogs. I've done wp with my leader, Kuz, before. He pulled 185 right out of the chute.....but I wasn't sure how much was normal for a dog of his size (around 60lbs) so I didn't let him go again. Most of mine are from about 40lbs to high 60's. Not sure if everyone will enjoy it, but if a few of them like it then I'll keep bringing them back. I might bring my UAD dogs...the lab and coonhound. I've done wp with the lab (86lbs) and he pulled 300lbs....but I don't like him pulling because he has a bad ankle, so if I bring him it will just be to mess around with a light weight and have fun. I think most of my sibes will really enjoy it (5 of them....number 6 is pretty much retired from work) and if it's alright I'll bring my two Alaskan boys.....they probably wont have the manners OR the patience for it, but it will be good a good enviroment for them to meet new dogs. My sibes, as a team, can walk away with an ATV in neutral while I ride it.....they're plenty strong, just not sure what they'll think about only pulling for 16 feet lol. They're used to upwards of 6 miles, so I think they'll be confused for a while! Ultimate Air Elation
I have one harness that fits mostly everyone....except for the little squirt (my 40lb female)
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Koddiak Kennels ( T.Yoaka Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Heather,
can you please contact me at Mushnmom1@aol.com or call me on my cell phone 419 206-1111. I didnt get a chance to share numbers and contact info with you before you left the pull last weekend. I would love to see if we can get a club formed and get some pulls going on this side of the state!!
Thanks, and look forward to working with you.
Toni Yoakam
Koddiak kennels ( akc reg.)
Erie, Michigan
** where working dogs show and show dogs work!
Akc/Can/Ukc show and working champions

Koddiak Kennels ( T.Yoaka

Number of posts : 3
Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2