ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erie, MI Snow Pull

+2
Kel
ppapbta
6 posters

Go down

Erie, MI Snow Pull Empty Erie, MI Snow Pull

Post by ppapbta Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 am

Medals For 1st-4th Places In Each Weight Class!
SNOW PULL!Red Wolf Kennels
Erie, Michigan

Temporary Listings Available for Non-UKC Registered Dogs

February 7, 2009 February 8, 2009

WPULL Snow Format A: Scott Brown WPULL Snow Format A: Scott Brown

Entries: 8 AM – 9 AM Pull-Time: 10 AM Entries 8 AM – 9 AM Pull Time: 10 AM

Pre-Entry: $10 DOS: $20 Pre-Entry: $10 DOS: $20

-AWARDS-

1st – 4th Place in Each Weight Class will be 2 ¼” Medals

Qualifying Pulls Will be 2 ¼” Medals

Plaques Award Daily For Most Weight Pulled and Percentage

Two Day Combined Trophies Awarded for Most Weight Pulled and Percentage

-ACCOMMODATIONS

Super 8 (Luna Pier, MI): (734) 848-8880 Mention Club Name For $39.99 Per Night Rate With A $10 Room Fee For Pets
-DIRECTIONS-

To Hotel, Super 8, Luna Pier Michigan: From interstate I-75 take exit 6 (Luna Pier) and turn east off the exit ramps. You are turning onto Luna Pier Rd. (This is towards Lake Erie). You will see a plaza on the right, and the super 8 is behind the plaza. Just after Ganders Restaurant, is Evans Street, ( you can only turn right), turn right onto Evan's and go to the third drive to get to the hotel.

To Pull Site from the hotel, go back to Luna Pier road, cross over I -75,****(heading west from I -75) and go to Telegraph Road. (This would be the third traffic light and after the second set of railroad tracks.) Turn right onto Telegraph road. (You are now heading north). Go to the next road with is Rauch Road. Note, as you are heading north, you'll see where the road splits with an island. Rauch road is a road in this "island". Turn left onto Rauch road, you are now heading west again. You will come to a stop sign. Continue west to 2110 and it's on the right. This is a long drive, just follow it back. You'll pass a red barn and garages on the right. Continue back until you see the set up.

To the event, from I -75, exit 6, (Luna Pier) and turn west (away from the lake). This is Luna Pier road. Take Luna pier road to telegraph road. Follow from this point above. ****

-INFORMATION-
Event Chairperson: Toni Yoakam (734) 848-8636 MUSHNMOM1@AOL.COM
Event Secretary: Jerrianne Brown (814) 467-8381 PPAPBTA@AOL.COM
MAIL ENTRIES: 512 Luther Street Windber, PA 15963

ppapbta

Number of posts : 17
Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Erie, MI Snow Pull Empty Re: Erie, MI Snow Pull

Post by ppapbta Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 am

Anyone who doesn't have a harness, I will have 5 extra ones personally with me of various sizes. Also Toni will possibly have a couple extras as well. So you should all be covered.

Also any APBT folk who are in need of getting their dog inspected, I can take care of it as well this weekend once the pull is over.

When reserving the hotel room, make sure to mention the club name (Pride & Prejudice APBT Association) to get one of the rooms that are blocked at this negotiated price.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:21 am

Just a reminder that pre-entry deadline for this event is Friday January 30, 2009.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 am

Glad to see you on the forum. Sweet! Good luck with the event! Wish we could be there...
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by telsmith1 Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 pm

I am going to enter Diva for this event, but she has never done it. Will there be people there to help us out?

telsmith1

My Name : Rebecca
My Pet(s) : Diva
Number of posts : 10
Virgo Buffalo

http://www.goldensunriseretrievers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Glad You and Diva are going I will be there with two of my kids. I can bring my extra harnesses also. I am really excited to try a snow pull, see ya all soon.
Do you guys have a pulling club that people can join??
Also any people you can recommend for harnesses,alot of people on the forum are looking to buy one.
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

My Name : Heather
My Pet(s) : Splash,Digger,Bazooka Joe and PorkChop
Number of posts : 674
Pisces Pig

http://www.teamluvabulls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Do you guys have a pulling club that people can join??

Pride & Prejudice APBT Association is always interested in having new people join our club. If we have more of an interest and can do it, I have no problem comming into other states to put on events as long as the help is local to pull it off and within driving distance from PA. We have a club member, Toni Yoakam who lives in Michigan.

Also I would love to get more knowledge in offering dock jumping events as well. I wanted to train one of my APBT's, but I lost him this past April to a bee sting while I was at work. Though either a 4yr old lab from field trial lines or a apbt pup will be calling here home in a few months.

Also any people you can recommend for harnesses,alot of people on the forum are looking to buy one.

I highly recommend Missy Kehler of The Working Canine (Alaskan Dream). I have 4 harnesses and a weighin sling from her. I'm hopig to have some business card and order forms of theirs with me at the pull. Missy and Dave are also club members. We are putting on two wheel pulls this year over near their house in July and Nov. My other one is from Blackjack Leathers from IL. I am also working on bringing out my rail track for a pull in PA. Last time out my track saw just shy of 10,000 roll down it before running out of weight. Next time i'm planning on having 12,000 lbs on hand.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:15 pm

All new dogs pulling at this event, I would like to pair up with a more seasoned puller who can act as a mentor for the weekend for you.

I will be judging the pull, but please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Like all events that we host, we strive to helpout all the new pullers so that this sport can continue to grow.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Your group sounds like wonderful people. I am looking for a group that will allow mixes and rescued dogs pull. The pitbull group that is in my area only allow purebred pits with papers and bloodlines and they must be unsterilized, the american bulldog club allow all breed so thats nice.
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

Pisces Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 pm

Yeah, I was wondering how that worked.....if a pull is hosted by a breed club, does the dog have to also be a member of that breed to participate? i.e. could my sibes pull with with a bully breed club?
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:03 am

When we went to the pull last spring at K9 Specialties we were the only non-bully breed there until the second day when Kel showed up with her GSD's. We did get some strange looks when we went to weigh in with our tall skinny lab but everyone was very nice and helpful. It was a very nice experience. Anna had Brie there too so there were at least two spoorting dogs representing...
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 am

Ya I know with the american bulldog club any breed can pull with them, some clubs are strict about it, I will post any MABC pulls any any that we do at pats place. Of course the weightpulls at pats are not sanctioned events.
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

Pisces Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:57 am

This weightpull is open to any breed of dog. Even if their not UKC registered yet, we will have temporary listings available for sale.

Some clubs want to stick with members of their breed only, but with ours we take members of any breed as long as they work with and assist us in the fighting of bsl or the education of the public concerning the apbt. At this time we have members with pit bulls, american bulldogs, presa canario, siberian huskies, staffy bulls, alaskan klee kai, st. bernards, pekingese, and mixes.

We used to put on conformation shows as well in the past, but at this time we are mainly focused in hosting weightpulls...BUT we would like to get back to hosting conformation. Then add agility, obedience, rally, dog sport, and/or dock jumping..IE: Everything that we can. Though with more types of events we need members with the knowledge of those events who are willing to work.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Labwake Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanks for the info. That sounds great.
Labwake
Labwake

My Name : Annie
My Pet(s) : Connor, Elsie
Number of posts : 491
Leo Horse

http://sarcasmandsleddogs.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Yup, as was already said, some groups will only host events open to their specific breed only, while others will be open to any breed or mix thereof. The AmBull club, APA, UKC (near all UKC, anyway... there are some one-breed events, but that's basically just for conformation, not performance events), and a few others all host wpulls open to any breed or mix. With UKC, you just register a mix as AMBOR... and you can get a LP # on an unverifiable purebred or one with DQing faults. At every pull we've attended, we have always felt welcomed and, while comments have been made about the rarity of a GSD in wpull... all those comments have always been positive. Sweet!

You said your group is located in PA, correct? We're in northern VA (just moved from MI), but I would be more than happy to help with any of the new sports you're planning/hoping to add. That is, as long as you're okay with having members from out of state. Sweet! I have GSDs, so I'm also one who tries hard to dispel all the BSL myths and would love to work with a group who makes a point of combating breed specific legislation.

We train/compete/work in the following sports/work (we are currently more active in some vs others, but it fluctuates based on the season, what's available in the area, etc.) and I would be happy to help with any/all of the areas: obedience, agility, carting, dog sledding, packing, weight pull, flyball, disc dog, rally O, musical freestyle, dock jumping, Therapy Dog work, Assistance Dog work, and Search and Rescue. We also plan on getting back into protection work in the near future (PP/SchH and adding DS). I think that's everything... lol.
Kel
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:10 pm

We're home based out of Windber, PA (Where I Live) But our members are spread out acrost PA, NY, MD, MI, and VA currently. If your familiar with PA, i'm located about 1 HR West if Breezewood. If you'd like to talk more indepth, please feel free to email me at PPAPBTA@AOL.COM or PM me here.

I looked a little into dock jumping last year, but it's hard to find out what all is needed and what we can offer. At this time were planning pulls for the following dates:

Feb 7 & 8 Snow Pull in Erie, MI
May TBD Rail Pull in Windber, PA
July 18 & 19 Wheel Pull in Port Clinton, PA
September TBD Rail Pull in Windber, PA
November 7 & 8 Wheel Pull in Port Clinton, PA

I'm up to hosting events just about anywhere as long as the facility is reasonable and the help is there.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 pm

I think one in romulus Mi would be great I can for sure round up some help. The rail system is already there. If you would like to do that I will get you in touch with the guy who owns the facility. That would be so cool. Like a late summer early fall pull.
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

Pisces Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Pre-entries for this event closes this Friday Jaunary 30, 2009...BUT as long as their postmarked by the date and arrive before I leave for the pull Friday early morning i'm fine with that.

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks. Sweet! I will definitely send you an email!
Kel
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:56 pm

That was so cool!! We had a blast and can't wait to do another snow pull. The group was so nice and put on a great show. Scott and his wife,such nice and helpful people,Toni thanks for all your help also, Betty and her husband so nice to let us use your property. I will post pictures as soon as I get them. My kids did pretty good splash hung in there with the two male pitties there.
Splash took a 2nd on Sat. amd a 1st on Sunday. Zuco did a 4th on Sat. and a 2nd on Sunday. I was so proud of them they worked there little hearts off for me. It sure is harder to pull in snow,especially when it turns to mushy cold water.
Great experience with alot of nice people.
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

Pisces Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Go Bully crew! Ultimate Air Elation A Round of Applause! Glad you had fun and the pups did well. Yeah, snow definitely is the toughest surface to pull on... but I think my boys like it anyway because they like the cold. Just kidding!

Hopefully we'll see you at some more of the UKC pulls... do you think you might also attend some of the wheels pulls coming up in MI? We're definitely planning on making some, along with the rails pulls at Pat's place. The boys both did AWESOME at the pulls this past weekend... so I'm very much looking forward to getting them on the carts back in MI again. Ultimate Air Elation
Kel
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Ya I think I will definatly want to do more with UKC, how can I find out the dates and locations??
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

Pisces Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Congrats to the boys also. give them some big GSD lovin for me luv

I wonder?? think pitbull sled team mush Maybe if they had snow suits cold
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

Pisces Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Haha... actually, I know some people who ran a GSP with their two Huskies and he ran in a coat over his harness... seen that with a few other "not so heavily coated" breeds as well. Soooo... the Pitbull sled team might just be possible. Just kidding!

As for where to find info on the UKC events, you can go here: http://www.ukcdogs.com/Upcoming.nsf/EventView?Open&Group=DogEvents&Type=M

You can then go through the events either by month, or use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to search by location (state). Actually, here's the direct link for upcoming MI events:
http://www.ukcdogs.com/Upcoming.nsf/EventView?Open&Group=DogEvents&Type=S&State=Michigan

I think the next one we're going to try to attend will be the pull in Kzoo next month.

Oh, also... I PM'd you a couple links to pics of the boys wpulling this past weekend. Thought you might want to check them out. Sweet! Looking forward to seeing your pics, also!
Kel
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by ppapbta Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

I just wanted to thank everyone once again for helping to make our first snow pull a memorable. Thanks again to Toni Yoakam for donating the awards. Karyn Dawes for making it out from California and all of her hard work helping us out! Lastly to Scott & Betty for allowing us to use their property! Those who missed the Castle missed something I thought I would never see. An actual castle built in Michigan!

MWP and Percentage on Saturday went to Howard's Ver Maximus pulling 1,580 lbs for 25.07 times the dogs body weight who pulled it in 8.12 seconds! Great job Howard & Beth. They took home two nice plaques.

MWP on Sunday went to Koernke's King Kong Bundy pulling 1,400 lbs. Nice job Jarrod! They cleaned up on awards with the daily MWP plaque and then took both 3 FT Trophies for MWP and Percentage for the two day combined!

Percentage went to Sureshots Little Bit of Luck with pulling 16.04 times! It was a great time meeting and talking with you Karyn! Itty Bitty went back to the California sun with a plaque for her accomplishements!

Next hat off goes to Megan Bogoski, one of our junior particpants with her hard work swept the junior awards! She took home four very nice plaques, medals, and then two 2 FT trophies!

Lastly, everyonelse who's dogs pulled all out! We had alot of nice percentages with alot of dogs maxing out on points!
As time permits, keep checking back to our new web page address of http://www.geocities.com/prideandprejudiceapbta/ for the full results along with pictures from the weekend.

Mark your calendars with our next date of July 18 & 19 with a wheel pull in Port Clinton, PA. The home pull of Alaskan Dream Dog Equipment/The Working Canine!

ppapbta

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down