ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams

+5
ROCK
stephz
Angela
LynnSWD
2crazyborders
9 posters

Go down

Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams Empty Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams

Post by 2crazyborders Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey everyone!

As you know Brian and I volunteer for the Midwest Border Collie Rescue. (You may or may not know that Steph/Scout, Kerri/Kelsi and Brandi/Chy/Ceana are part of the group as well). We have our 4th Annual Border Collie Rendezvous coming up September 13th in Naperville, IL.

We are looking for any donations for our raffle game to help raise money for the dogs in our foster program. If you or your sponsor would like to donate please feel free to bring any items to The Cherry Fest for us to take back for our raffle (hoping to save on shipping here). We will also be in VanWert, OH on Labor Day Weekend if you have something then.

Items can be big or small but hopefully dog related (gift certificates/samples/toys/crates/beds, etc). We will be putting gift baskets together.

If you have any questions PLEASE email me and I will be happy to share more details. A tax deductible letter can be provided upon request.

Thanks!
Jackie, Brian and the foster doggies
2crazyborders
2crazyborders

My Name : Jackie
My Pet(s) : Brandi and Taylor
Number of posts : 45
Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams Empty Re: Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams

Post by LynnSWD Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 pm

HI Brad (Brain)
I will take some goodies along for the foster doggies Flip2

Lynn
paw
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams Empty Re: Looking for Donations from Sponsors/Teams

Post by 2crazyborders Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:02 am

Hey Lynda (hee hee)

That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Jackie and Brian
2crazyborders
2crazyborders

Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 pm

So that I might have some sort of idea what might be a useful prize, could you tell me what sort of event this BC Rendezvous is? Are the attendees into certain sports/activities more than others? If a number are into herding (they are BCs) then I have at least one thing in mind that they might like.
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Angela,
Since Jackie is off to TC I thought I'd answer Sweet!

Our BC Rendevous is our annual picnic that we do and invite all of our past foster dogs, anyone who has been approved to adopt through us and pretty much anyone who is a dog lover and wants to spend the day with us.

We supply a potluck lunch for the day as well. Throughout the day we do a variety of different activities - we have an agility demo, a frisbee demo, do different contests (who has the best sit stay, the best trick, etc). Our biggest activity for the day would be our BC ball retreival game. We have over 300 tennis balls that are numbered and then "sell" the balls. Towards the end of the day we put all of the balls in one area and send a dog out to pick up a ball - whoever has that number wins a prize (which are all donations from members, companies, sponsers, etc). In the past years people get really excited because we display all of the prizes we have had donated to us over the past year. Just imagine putting out 300 tennis balls infront of 50-75 ball obsessed border collies!!! It is quite the sight!!

Does this help at all???
stephz
stephz

My Name : Steph
My Pet(s) : Jinx
Number of posts : 679
Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:10 pm

Wow, sure sounds like fun!
Yup, it does help. I am fairly certain I could have something ready by VanWert. Maybe Kel could make a couple of tug leashes to toss in with it too.
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:45 pm

That would be so great!!! People would love them Sweet!

Thanks!!!
stephz
stephz

Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by 2crazyborders Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:05 pm

I want to send out a big thanks to Sara, Lynn and Ann (Chaser Racer) for the donations that you brought to The Cherry Fest! Our raffle winners will love the items you gave!

There is still time for other teams to donate items should you wish. VanWert will be the last event for us before our picnic.

Angela.......most of our past adopters and other BC lovers do participate in events such as herding, agility, DOCK DIVING, frisbee and flyball. Seems to be an active crowd...hee hee hee

Thanks!!!!
2crazyborders
2crazyborders

Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCK Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:51 am

2crazyborders wrote:I want to send out a big thanks to Sara, Lynn and Ann (Chaser Racer) for the donations that you brought to The Cherry Fest! Our raffle winners will love the items you gave!

There is still time for other teams to donate items should you wish. VanWert will be the last event for us before our picnic.

Angela.......most of our past adopters and other BC lovers do participate in events such as herding, agility, DOCK DIVING, frisbee and flyball. Seems to be an active crowd...hee hee hee

Thanks!!!!

Huh, no love for my KONG and Wubba donation, JK.

Jackie and Brian... you know you can count on me to get donations from Rock's sponsors.... KONG and Wubba. We would be more than happy to help out your special event. I also have a friend at another company to get donations for you.

Best of Luck with your event.

Barb and Rock Star

PS Jackie, don't forget my blanket, no rush Ultimate Air Elation
ROCK
ROCK

My Pet(s) : Rock, Toby, Ten
Number of posts : 517
Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by labcablady Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:28 am

We will be making our "splash debut" (please dog, let them jump 3 feet or more) at Van Vert, I will bring some goodies to donate there. How will I know who you are?
labcablady
labcablady

My Name : Lora
My Pet(s) : Apollo, Zeus, Hera, Eris, Brutus and Rufus
Number of posts : 82
Sagittarius Dog

http://www.itsthedogslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Lora,
Jackie is kind off line for the time being and since I'm also with MWBCR I wanted to let you know that pretty much you can look for the group of people with 8 border collies and that is us Sweet! Not many people miss us - although I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.....hee hee
stephz
stephz

Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by labcablady Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:48 pm

stephz wrote:Lora,
Jackie is kind off line for the time being and since I'm also with MWBCR I wanted to let you know that pretty much you can look for the group of people with 8 border collies and that is us Sweet! Not many people miss us - although I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.....hee hee

LOL Steph, I think 8 BC's will be REALLY hard to miss. Just kidding! Just kidding!

I will find you guys when we are there. Thanks.
labcablady
labcablady

My Name : Lora
My Pet(s) : Apollo, Zeus, Hera, Eris, Brutus and Rufus
Number of posts : 82
Sagittarius Dog

http://www.itsthedogslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey Steph how is Brooks doing? Leo was looking for someone to wrestle with last weekend. Leo is easily pushing 30 lbs now. He is getting SO big. I think poor brooks will be at a weight disadvantage the next time they meet. At least Brooks will be 10X faster than Leo so he can just run him in circles.
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Brooks is doing awesome!!! He is the star of his puppy class and gets very upset when the other dogs in class aren't paying attention - it's pretty funny. He is a true water dog and LOVES to swim and play with the hose, not to mention go bezerk when he is by the dock. Yeah - Leo definatly has the size on him that's for sure!!! We go to the vet tomorrow but I'd guess he is about 18 pounds or so but he is a fast little stinker that's for sure! He runs circles around Scout who is no snail Sweet!
stephz
stephz

Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Poor porchop nobody wants to play with the giant. Is it because he is so slow? or because he drools so much?
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

My Name : Heather
My Pet(s) : Splash,Digger,Bazooka Joe and PorkChop
Number of posts : 674
Pisces Pig

http://www.teamluvabulls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Trust me Brooks would be all for playing with Porkchop!!! He loves to play with dogs that are bigger than him.
stephz
stephz

Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Leo would play with him. It would be pretty funny to watch him play with Porkchop. It would be an event of lumbering giants. We would have to rope off a safe area because any innocent bystanders could be taken out.
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 2crazyborders Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Barb!!!!

OMG.....I certainly didn't mean to leave you out!!! How could I forget.....our camper was LOADED with things from the Rock Classic for our foster dogs! I don't even know where to start with all the things that you gave to them! We REALLY do appreciate it....even though I messed up on Thanking you Crying or Very sad You know you ROCK! hee hee hee

ps...working on getting your blanket done for Van Wert! Hot Dawg
2crazyborders
2crazyborders

Taurus Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:26 pm

I have some product I can donate not sure I can make Vanwert though I have my event same weekend as yours and am really busy getting it all together. I will see if I can get it to someone to take for you.
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down