ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo

+4
Team LUV-A-Bulls
jtallen
Rajah
TR75
8 posters

Go down

Which is your favorite picture from this event?

POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_lcap34%POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 12 ]
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_lcap17%POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_lcap6%POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_lcap40%POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 14 ]
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_lcap3%POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Empty POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo

Post by TR75 Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:26 pm

This was VERY tough to nail down to just 5. Since the poll system allows us to go to 10...we may go that route when there are so many great ones. We'll stick with 5 this time though. Like I said at the beginning this contest is a work in progress so we will make changes as we need to do so.

With that all being said, here are the 5 for this event...

#1 Jazzie
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Jazzie

#2 Meadow
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Meadow11

#3 Colby
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Colbyu12

#4 Ryder (and Beth)
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Ryder

#5 Wrigley
POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Wrigley
TR75
TR75

My Name : Matt
My Pet(s) : Jake & Gunther
Sponsors : Nylabone
Number of posts : 1345
Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Empty Re: POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo

Post by Rajah Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:56 pm

Ryder looks like he is about 100 pounds. He looks huge there.
Rajah
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo Empty Re: POLL - Cincinnati Everything Pet Expo

Post by jtallen Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:01 am

Matt,
great pics.
Yea it is tough to choose, but it is good to get different dogs, and not have the same dogs in every contest.

maybe a new rule to limit a dog to only being in, say 3 or 4 contests in one year??

And only winning once? so once you win you are done for the year?

That would make sure it gets spread around??

There a lots of dogs jumping that should have chance and not just the same few

Jim
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Team LUV-A-Bulls Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 am

what are you trying to say??? What you talkin' abo I can't help my boys posses a natural beauty that calls to the camera.huh?
Team LUV-A-Bulls
Team LUV-A-Bulls

My Name : Heather
My Pet(s) : Splash,Digger,Bazooka Joe and PorkChop
Number of posts : 674
Pisces Pig

http://www.teamluvabulls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:30 pm

They are gorgeous and one can't not look at them, so it is unfair to all of us with ugly dogs if you get all the pics taken of your dogs

and ours are chopped liver and never get pics Na Na

Jim

PS
scroll down

Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud! Laugin' out loud!
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Remember too we are at the mercy of the photogropher. If the photogropher doesn't feel like a picture was good enough to post then it can't possibly be even considered for the contest.

I know that sounds obviouse but if all the photos that are being submitted are of the same dogs Matt can't help that. We are at the mercy of the people behind the camera getting shots they feel are worthy to submit.
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:47 pm

All of the photogs have been pretty good about posting all their pics for us to choose from, and between them all I think every dog has a pic taken. The photographers don't necessarly submit the photos, it is mostly up to the owners to pick and submit the pic of their dog they like from the event.
certainly not Matt's fault what is submitted.
and certainly not Anna and Heather's fault their dogs are so darn good looking Ultimate Air Elation
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:44 pm

I can say this; some dogs are easier to photograph than others. At the indoor events I had trouble with the dark colored dogs. If they had contrasting vests or spots then I could focus better. In the outdoor events that won't be an issue. I can also say that I had at least 2 pics of almost every dog. Some just didn't come out very well. In all at Cincy I took over 500 pics. I had to toos about 150 or so from that.

All of the pics I took of my own dog during his practice jumps ( I take video for his competition jumps) didn't come out at all. I was kinda bummed. I get great pics of other peoples dogs, but I can't get a good one of my own. Oh well, I like shooting pics of other dogs anyway. I have 10,000 pics of Rocky at home at least.
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TR75 Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Initially in my head this "In Focus" section was simply going to be a place where all of the event photos were posted so they didn't get lost in the main topic section. As we all know there were always multiple topics for the same event with everyones pictures. The contest grew out of that thought to make it more interesting and fun.
TR75
TR75

Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:38 pm

jtallen wrote: The photographers don't necessarly submit the photos, it is mostly up to the owners to pick and submit the pic of their dog they like from the event.

I am not trying to pick a fight here I PROMISE, I am not sure how accurate this is. It may be in some cases but I know for a fact that any pictures that have been posted of our kids thus far for the photo cotest have not been done so by ourselves but by the person who took the pictures. I like to leave the decision up to the person taking the photo to decide what pics they feel are good. Just my personal prefrence.

In the long run I LOVE LOVE LOVE this contest and it is such a great place to be able to see all the pictures.

Keep up the good work Matt and all the PHOTOGRAPHERS! Flip2
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:47 am

I guess when I look at a photo I look at the composition of it and what is going on in it. Not just if the dog is cute. But then again I used to be a photographer
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TR75 Thu May 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Congrats to Ryder (Beth) and Jason (photographer) for their photo contest win!
TR75
TR75

Gemini Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder Sat May 03, 2008 1:21 am

Hey, thanks so much. All my co-workers love that picture. See y'all at Mutt Strutt!

B & R
bethandryder
bethandryder

My Pet(s) : Ryder and Hershey, ESS
Number of posts : 303
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Sat May 03, 2008 7:09 am

Because we are on the dock All of the pics of our dogs have been taken by other people. We usually go through the pics that have been taken and choose the ones we like to submit.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the photographers submitting pics they took and like, as well as owners. As Matt said this is a thread for all of the pics to be posted, either in the thread of by link to a photo site like photobucket.

Jim

Jim
jtallen
jtallen

Leo Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down