ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potterville MI - Inquiry

3 posters

Go down

Potterville MI - Inquiry Empty Potterville MI - Inquiry

Post by jmanninolane Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

I am arranging for our community to host a charity event for the American Cancer Society called "Bark for Life", which will also be on the same weekend as our town festival. I was curious if anyone would be interested in bringing their dogs and showing off some of their skills at our event.. I have permission to use our Lake, though I'm not sure what else you would need as far as a dock, we have a small dock but we may be able to get a larger dock for the event. Potterville is located 15 minutes South of Lansing, MI and about 10 minutes north of Charlotte.

If anyone is interested please email me or respond to thread. Thank you!

Jennifer Mannino-Lane
jmanninolane
jmanninolane

My Name : Jennifer M. Mannino-Lane
My Pet(s) : Rocky - Std. Poodle
Number of posts : 2
Sagittarius Monkey

Back to top Go down

Potterville MI - Inquiry Empty Re: Potterville MI - Inquiry

Post by B. Scott Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

What is the date?
Barb Scott

B. Scott

Number of posts : 102
Pisces Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by jmanninolane Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 am

Its going to be held on the same weekend that we have Gizzardfest (I know silly festival). So it will be June 7th 2013 starting at 6 pm and we will probably end at 9-10pm. The Bark for Life is an amazing event to the fight for cancer, and that dogs can be truly caregivers. I wanted to bring in lots of different demonstrations show casing dogs abilities. Which I hope to have MSP there, the military dogs, therapy dogs, sport dogs, etc. I don't want it to be a registered event because I don't believe we have the facility for that. But we do have a very nice lake with a small dock and there just so happens to be a dock company near by that we hope to ask for a "donation for the night" in using a large dock. An I've already obtained permission to allow dogs to jump in the lake, so it could be almost like a practice night for people who live locally around Lansing, this also gives you a chance to explain what your sport is and it would potentially get you a few interested people to join your sport, while also raising money to beat cancer.

On a side note, I would love myself to learn how to get into the sport. I have a Standard Poodle, who well loves water, and has springs for legs. :-)
jmanninolane
jmanninolane

My Name : Jennifer M. Mannino-Lane
My Pet(s) : Rocky - Std. Poodle
Number of posts : 2
Sagittarius Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingbcs Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi Jennifer,

We might be able to help you out. We sometimes train at the small park with the ball diamonds right off the expressway. I'm from Lansing and Potterville is close enough. BTW, we love gizzard fest and think dock jumping would be a fun addition.

Ann Williams & Splash
flyingbcs
flyingbcs

My Pet(s) : Lansing
Number of posts : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum