ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKC Title Confusion

2 posters

Go down

UKC Title Confusion Empty UKC Title Confusion

Post by Ann DHondt Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Ok I have not paid too close attention but a friend asked me a question and I didn't know the answer.

Scenario: UKC registered dog in year X goes to enough events jumps in 5 splashes is consistent earns let's say a UKC junior title. The following year same dog is more confident jumps better and gets 5 jumps in the senior division... That dog can't earn it's senior title? My friend called UKC and was told no, only points.

Teddi is consistent, she usually starts out the season in novice, and finishes in junior. She earned her junior title (UKC) two years ago. Last year (2009) she got her UNJCH in the mail. I have NO idea how she earned it. Now I am assuming she is earning points toward her UJJCH but really I am not sure. Quinn earned her UJJ last year, next year she will not be jumping in the junior division so I am also curious about the UKC telling my friend they can not earn a higher title only points....

Can some one please explain in lay terms? I have seen what is on the UKC site but that is not clear. It talks about championships etc, I am only wondering about the initial titles.

Thanks
Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

UKC Title Confusion Empty Re: UKC Title Confusion

Post by LynnSWD Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

HI Ann
Once you have your basic jumping title (no matter what division it is in) you start all over with the next/new level /title. If you get a Junior Jumping Title you then are working towards a Champion title - and that can be in any of the Divisions. You can NOT get a Junior Jumping Title and then jump 5 splashes in the Senior Division and earn a Senior Jumping Title.
Once you have your basic title all the following jumps (no matter what division they are in) go towards your Champion points/title. What ever division you earn 150 points in FIRST is where you get your Championship in. Each distance has a certain amount of points given to it for each Division.
Then once you have your CH title you start all over with points and work on your Grand CH title. Again each distance is awarded 'x' amount of points. What ever division you earn 300 points in is where you get your Grand CH.
So you could get a Junior Jumping title, a Senior CH title, and a Master Grand CH if your dog keeps improving!! AND......if the dog keeps improving you could earn another 400 points to improve your Grand CH title in the Ultimate Division (if the dog was jumping distances in the Ultimate division).
At this time.....once you get an Ultimate Grand CH you have reached the highest title level.
I hope this helps....let me know if you have any other questions Sweet!
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Lynn...

I guess I had no idea... Didn't think it would ever apply to me.

So in Teddi's case, she got her UJJ, then her UNJCH, so now she is earning points toward either her Gr CH in whatever division she gets the points in first.
Thanks I think I understand.

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content