ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010

4 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 Empty The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010

Post by Milt Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 am

The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 Default53 Ultimate Dog Title 2010 Cancelled

The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 Icon_minipost1 by Milt Today at 9:40 am

I thought by having a fun title that all the dogs could try for would be a great idea here at UAD. I wanted to key in on all dogs that could do multiple sports and recognize them by having the The Ultimate Dog. We have kept standings all year and people can see where their dogs are in relationship to other dogs that do multiple sports. When I first came up with this idea I thought we could have divisions but due to the complex nature of some of the sports the smaller jumping dogs haven't learned some of the sports yet. So the divisions weren't the best idea so we just decided to go with one group and see how that worked out for the first year. Because of the competitive nature of some of our team owners (not the dogs) we have a few out there who aren't happy with the way The Ultimate Dog has turned out. We didn't charge anyone any more fees to participate in this competition because I think you all have contributed enough already. We have tried to keep Ultimate Air Dogs a competitor friendly organization without all of the problems that other organizations have. With that being said we are cancelling The Ultimate Dog for 2010! Thanks to all, Milt
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 Empty Re: The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010

Post by jfabianwebb Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 pm

Milt,

Sorry to hear you had any grief. We all appreciate the hard work you, Brian, Lynn, MariLlee & Sara put in to make this a fun group!

Just remember that when your name is on the "shingle" you get to call the shots!

When push comes to shove, everyone will support you!
The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853 The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 972853
jfabianwebb
jfabianwebb

My Name : Joan
My Pet(s) : Gus
Number of posts : 14
Capricorn Rooster

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010 Empty Re: The Ultimate Dog Title Cancelled 2010

Post by pjs Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:38 am

Sounds like those owners need to join the agility people in my area as they are very competitive and make the sport an unhappy one that's why I stopped doing agility. I love UAD as it is very friendly, helpful to everyone and loads of fun. Remember people it's about the dog having fun and seeing if he can beat his previous jump not you wanting to beat the person next to you. Remember that and relax and keep the sport a fun one. Sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks as I know being top dog is important to some people. For me it's letting my dog do what he loves jumping in water. Thanks Milt, Brian, MaraLee & Sara for all you do so we can enjoy letting our dogs jump and have fun!!

pjs

My Pet(s) : Dylan, Foster, Rusty
Number of posts : 12
Sagittarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:44 am

I would respectfully suggest that people who were not competing in Ultimate Dog do not have any idea of the issues. I am not going to discuss the issues those who competed in UD had.
BUT
UD was a very different kind of game from the usual UAD games. If you compete in UA, FI,Ci, or UV you are trying to complete titles on your dog, and hopefully set new personal bests, What your dog does has no relationship to what other dogs do, except in finals.
UD was a competition between dogs for A single title. As such it was very different game and had issues that only those who competed in UD expereinced.

I have, and still, support Milt and UAD, and I hope that UAD continues to set the example for other dock jumping organization how to do it right.
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Milt Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Jim I'm not sure it was the dogs who were competing for the title. The problem with having special events that dogs can earn a different title is that the people get competitive past where it's fun. I had hoped that we were above being competitively jealous of what someone else's dog acheived and be happy for them and everyone that competed. The people that brought up the idea that any dog had an advantage over anyone else's dog was way out of line. Every person and every dog that jumps at UAD has the exact same chance as every other team, no exceptions. The issue that you brought up about division titles in Ultimate Dog you and I both talked about this numerous times during the year. You had known for quite some time we wouldn't have divisions this year but it would be looked into for 2010. The Ultimate Dog title is now a dead issue. Let's move on from here and have fun jumping our dogs.
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down