ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, couple of title questions

3 posters

Go down

Ok, couple of title questions Empty Ok, couple of title questions

Post by Petcrazy213 Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 pm

#1) Ok, so we were at the UAG this weekend and low and behold Renegade decided to jump big (for him) and I believe we finished his remaining legs toward his junior title! Here's the thing ... I THINK ... now, could someone clarify for me. We had 3 legs going into this weekend. He jumped within the nocive distances SAT in semi-finals and then in Finals decided he needed to put up a 10 ft and 11 ft jump! So, that should take us to needing 1 last qualifying jump for his Junior title ... right? Well, we also jumped in both Feather Weight and Junior Handler Specialties ... do these count for qualifying jumps as well??? If so he put up several 12 ft jumps and should not have finished his Junior title. If someone knows if this is correct or not, could you tell me for sure?

#2) Since this weekend's UAG event was the last of the 2009 season jumps, even if Kyle and Renegade got their Jumior title this weekend would this now start over and he would be back to the begining where he has to earn his 5 legs for novice and jumior again? Just want to make sure I know what we are doing for our next event, if we are starting from scratch or building now on a Junior title? Because if I'm not mistaken they would only be able to compete if they put up Junior distance numbers now. I'm confused. I know that if the Specialty jumps counted towards the title that they would have achieved their UKC Junior title and that doesn't start over at all so I think that's where I'm getting confused ... with the UAD titles.

#3) Does UAD give out certificates or anything for yearly titles earned, I can't remember. I usually get a pleasant suprise in the mail when we get titles through UKC because I don't even realize we had earned one. I thought I read something somewhere about certificates for titles through UAD but can't remember. I'd love to have something through UAD recognizing titles but I know it's a lot of work to do them too. I know both Vader and Renegade got Novice titles this past year but Renegade may have pulled out a last minute title in the last hours of this years UAG season ending event that I'd love to note too.

Ok, I think that's all my questions for now. We had a blast this weekend!
Petcrazy213
Petcrazy213
BARK-A-BOUT AIR DOGS MEMBER

My Name : Jenny
My Pet(s) : 5 PJRT (as well as a couple cats, a bunny, and many fish)
Number of posts : 219
Aquarius Dragon

http://www.topsyturvyterriers.com

Back to top Go down

Ok, couple of title questions Empty Re: Ok, couple of title questions

Post by LynnSWD Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:36 pm

HI Jenny
answers Sweet!
1) Yes - I 'think' the specialty Finals can be counted for your UAD titles legs.
2) UAD titles are only good for one year. UKC are for life time of the dog. However UAD Specialty Finals DO NOT count in UKC.
3) contact Scott W (go to the score results tab on the web site for his contact info
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Petcrazy213 Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks Lynn! And big congrats again on Bamba's BIG jump!!! Ultimate Air Elation
Petcrazy213
Petcrazy213
BARK-A-BOUT AIR DOGS MEMBER

My Name : Jenny
My Pet(s) : 5 PJRT (as well as a couple cats, a bunny, and many fish)
Number of posts : 219
Aquarius Dragon

http://www.topsyturvyterriers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AbesDad Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes, specialty finals do count toward your UAD title.
The legs toward a new title go away after the UAGames so you will be starting over again. You will begin working toward a new title now that the games are over.
I do send out the paper titles to those who have requested to receive them. I am going to finish those up in the next week and get them out to people who I have information for.
AbesDad
AbesDad

Number of posts : 92
Leo Pig

http://www.TeamBlabador.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down