ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L'oreal

+5
vadersmom
MaraLee
CoffeeDogs
hark67
flyinlab
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

L'oreal Empty L'oreal

Post by flyinlab Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Hay, this event is only 9 days away clap Can't wait to see my UAD friends. It's been such a long time since they were on the east coast. We miss everyone. Who is coming? We will be in on Friday night so we can be thier bright and early Saturday morning for a full day of fun . Ultimate Air Elation
flyinlab
flyinlab

My Name : Steve
My Pet(s) : USJCH - Sophie Belle (pb 21'10") Harley Joe (Cheering section) Baylee Rose
Number of posts : 464
Leo Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sophie-Belle-Team-Flyinlab/1419864

Back to top Go down

L'oreal Empty Re: L'oreal

Post by hark67 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 pm

I will be there. It will be my pups first dock diving experience. Are you staying all day?

Last edited by hark67 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

hark67

Number of posts : 10
Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Also...will there be someone there taking pictures or should I get someone to take pictures for me?

If you are staying there all day can you tell me how you make sure you dog stays cool. I know it is supposed to be humid on Saturday.

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CoffeeDogs Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:53 pm

I will see you there, too! I will be there all day, so feel free to ask questions. As for keeping my dogs cool, here is what I normally do:
1. shade tent
2. kennel covers that are breathable and UV reflective
3. allow them to stay wet between jumps
4. crate fans
5. keep them well hydrated. My dogs will not drink water at events, so I use Power Boost to get them to drink.

One hint: some of the event is on blacktop, including the area where the pool is set up. I would try to keep them off the dry pavement as much as possible. The paw pads burn easily.

Have fun!

CoffeeDogs

My Name : Laura
My Pet(s) : Mocha & Kona
Number of posts : 126
Taurus Snake

http://www.teamcoffeedogs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:01 am

I am definately not prepared. I meant to buy a portable cloth type crate but didnt' get around to it. There is no way I could carry my huge wire crate. I am thinking that I will only be able to stay for the first splash...just saw the news...humid and 87 for Saturday.

Maybe, if I am lucky there will be a vendor there selling the Nos 2 nos crates. Perhaps then I could stick around a little longer.

This will be my first time to the Loreal event so I have no idea what to expect.

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:04 am

One other question....my lab loves to leap off the side of our pool.....do you think he will have a difficult time leaping off the dock? I've seen lots of first timer videos and they all seem to freeze up and act like they don't know what to do.

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:15 am

Their will be a lot of people to help out. And yes we are staying all day. thanks for reminding me about a fan. got to get batteries.
flyinlab
flyinlab

My Pet(s) : USJCH - Sophie Belle (pb 21'10") Harley Joe (Cheering section) Baylee Rose
Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 am

Welcome Hark67, it is going to be a lot of fun. There will be plenty of people on hand to help out. We are staying the whole day, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. As for keeping the pups cool, I am hoping that their will be a vendor that is selling cooling collars or cooling coats. Otherwise, we will be bringing our shade tent and a crate fan along with plenty of water and some energy drinks for the pups. Can't wait until Saturday.
flyinlab
flyinlab

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:31 am

Where can I get a crate fan? Is it worth bringing my wire crate?

Here's my pup making a splash. Are most novices overwhelmed by the drop down to the water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3_12aRgvw&feature=channel_page

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 am

What about pictures? Is there someone there taking them?

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:11 am

We're looking for a few people to help with set-up Fri morning at 9.... In return the spalsh fees will be waived for those individuals... first come first get.... please call or email me thanks Brian 248 721 6455 ultimateairdogs@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CoffeeDogs Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 am

There is no official photographer, but usually there are people taking pictures. If you have a camera you want to bring so someone can take your picture, bring it! Someone will help you out.

From experience, I like having crates for my dogs. It gives them a place to lay down and relax between splashes. How big is your dog? I always have extra kennels with me. My dogs ride in plastic crates in the car, but I have 2 metal crates for at events. The plastic crates are 32" long and the wire are 36" long. If you need to borrow one, that's not a problem.

CoffeeDogs

Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by CoffeeDogs Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:46 am

Sorry Brian, can't help with set-up:) I will be doing 2 root canals at that time tomorrow Scream!!! . But, I will see you Saturday morning!

CoffeeDogs

Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Laura,
Thanks so much for the offer of the crates. Not sure if he'd fit in a 36 inch...he is currently in a 42 inch. He's 95lbs. People might be soaked when he jumps in!!

I will definately bring the camera. Thanks for the info. I will definately be looking for you.

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 pm

no can do on the set up. I can't get out of work. sorry Queasy
flyinlab
flyinlab

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraLee Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:23 am

In my opinion, it is always best to bring a crate, if at all possible. I bring a thin sheet, too, for what Milt calls the Parrot trick... covering the crate, so that Waffles can't see the dock, is the only way to make her rest and quit yippng. Ultimate Air Elation

We bought a cloth crate and Lucy ripped her way out of it the first time she was in it. I gave it to Sara for Oskar. He's such a good boy that he stayed in it with the broken zipper.

Have fun!
MaraLee
MaraLee
MaraLee
Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:25 am

Thanks! Great idea about the sheet! Just kidding!

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by vadersmom Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:04 pm

I'll be there with Vader. Can't wait!

vadersmom

My Name : Emily
My Pet(s) : Vader
Number of posts : 5
Taurus Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Milt Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Pool is set up and we are ready for serious tomorrow!
Milt
Milt

My Name : Milt
My Pet(s) : Sparky(RIP), Maximus, Nash, Flash & Allie
Number of posts : 1057
Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by stephz Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:57 pm

MaraLee wrote:In my opinion, it is always best to bring a crate, if at all possible. I bring a thin sheet, too, for what Milt calls the Parrot trick... covering the crate, so that Waffles can't see the dock, is the only way to make her rest and quit yippng. Ultimate Air Elation

We bought a cloth crate and Lucy ripped her way out of it the first time she was in it. I gave it to Sara for Oskar. He's such a good boy that he stayed in it with the broken zipper.

Have fun!
MaraLee

I know what you mean MaraLee!! Brooks goes crazy if he can see the dock and isn't on it so I have to cover him and he broke out of his soft sided crate at an event over the winter so he now has a nice wire one that we use (althought that one is all bent from him already!). Scout on the other hand will lay in his crate with the door wide open no problem. I guess it would have been too much to ask to have two well behaved dogs Sweet!
stephz
stephz

My Name : Steph
My Pet(s) : Jinx
Number of posts : 679
Taurus Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:05 am

can't wait, i should probably go to bed because it going to be a long day. up bright and early
flyinlab
flyinlab

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm

great day today alot of big jumping dogs. We had a great time. Can't wait til the next one.
flyinlab
flyinlab

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Did any one get any pics? My Camera not the best and I am hoping that someone got some pictures of Sophie jumping
flyinlab
flyinlab

Leo Dragon

Back to top Go down

L'oreal Empty L'Oreal

Post by Cindy Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:58 pm

I had to leave after the first splash because I was afraid my dog would overheat.Waiting in line to check in and practice (on the blacktop in the sun) she would not stop barking. She wanted to get in that pool! I kept her wet down and in the shade, she had plenty of water to drink. I wish my black Lab could go blonde for the summer, that would help.
We were at the last Edison Pet expos ,Nov. and Feb. I looked it up and there is no event listed for Nov. More N.J. events please!

Cindy

My Name : Cindy
My Pet(s) : Georgia
Number of posts : 11
Capricorn Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by hark67 Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:18 am

I had my brother pick Guthrie up after the first splash for the same reason....I was worried he would overheat. He hates the heat and has never been at a place so exciting. I wish we could have stayed because he had so much fun!!

I did take some pictures of some other people...not sure who they are but I am pretty sure one of them is Laura.

Can I post pictures here? Does this board allows pics from photobucket? I'd love to know if anyone got any of Guthrie.

hark67

Capricorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next