ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos...

+4
LoriL
Angela
bectayjam
MaraLee
8 posters

Go down

Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos... Empty Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos...

Post by MaraLee Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:29 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a special project in mind involving the Photo Zone, but I need your help in order to make it happen.

I'm thinking of making a slide show of all of your submitted photos for each event, for the web-site. However, I need each picture to have the correct name of the dog identifying it for the caption.

You see, it is a lot of work to correct or edit a photo, once it is in the created slide show and published on the web-site. That's way, way more than I want to do. I'm willing to make the slide show, but I'm not willing to edit the pictures' captions. That's a pain.

So, can everyone identify the dogs correctly, helping eachother, if someone doesn't know who the dog is. (I will make sure that this section is programmed, so that you all can edit your posts, putting the correct name on a photo. If the dog isn't identified, I can write "Unknown"? Or does that sound stupid?

Like in the Sports Backers topic, I started working on saving the photos.... is that Kel's sweet boy Baako being held by Bob? I'm pretty sure that that's Baako. I got stuck there.

Oh well, I think it's a cool idea, especially since we ended the Photo Contest. I had an e-mail asking about the selection of the "Featured Photo" on the Home Page. Honestly, so far, I've had requests from people to post certain photos for all of the them, amazingly, not the owner or the photographer, but admirers of the photos, which is an just one more example of the truly awesome people who make up the UAD family.

Well, I have work to do. There are probably people waiting for me to open an event this morning. I check back throughout the day.

Take care,
MaraLee

Last edited by MaraLee on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
MaraLee
MaraLee
Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos... Empty Re: Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos...

Post by bectayjam Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 am

Great ideal Maralee. I take quite a few pictures when I got to the events and don't always know who they are. Alot of times someone will reply back who they are and I'll go back and change my unknowns.
bectayjam
bectayjam

My Name : Rebecca
My Pet(s) : Rocky's Big Creek, Lady Adrian , Sable (non jumper)
Number of posts : 281
Capricorn Monkey

http://www.sirrockybigcreek.com

Back to top Go down

Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos... Empty Re: Event Slide Show for Web-site???? Please, Identify All Dogs on Photos...

Post by Angela Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:38 am

MaraLee, if you are referring to the second photo in Bob's post- Bob is holding the mostly black GSD with the red Jolly Ball on the ground- that is Kel's Jack Tar (looking, deceptively I might say, calm).
Kel's Aro is a sable with the floppy right ear, Jack Tar is a bi-color (mostly black with tan legs and underbody) who is longer bodied and with his head normally carried higher, and Baako is her black and tan (he has the traditional black saddle) with a squarer build. Hope that helps you.
Excellent idea, by the way!

Last edited by Angela on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriL Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:16 pm

At the risk of sounding dumb where are the pictures that need to be ID?

LoriL

My Name : Lori
Number of posts : 387
Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Intellabs Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 am

Yes, I have the same question? What pictures are we talking about? So. we will be able to edit & add dogs names right on the slideshow? I assume the slide show your talking about is different then the one on the homepage tab?

It sounds good!! It's just a matter of getting familiar with how it will work.
Intellabs
Intellabs

My Name : Roger
My Pet(s) : Katie, Koko, Oberon, Kota, Sugar, Knitrous and Hershey
Number of posts : 709
Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by bectayjam Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:35 am

I would assume Maralee is talking about when we post our event pictures and we don't know who all the dogs are and we put ??? marks. For others at the event to port to the pictures who the unnammed dogs are so she can make the photo slides of the each event from everyone that took pictures at the event. I usually get q few pictures and only know about half of the ones I take. I just post them under the event photo and put ???? over the picture and usually someone will tell me who it was and I go back and edit the pciture post and put the name of the dog and in some cases the person.
bectayjam
bectayjam

My Name : Rebecca
My Pet(s) : Rocky's Big Creek, Lady Adrian , Sable (non jumper)
Number of posts : 281
Capricorn Monkey

http://www.sirrockybigcreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Great idea Mara Lee the only problem for me is I usually take upwards of 800 photos at each event, if I am there for the full time.

I know a lot of the dogs, but by no means all of them so it makes it difficult for me to add names. I am truly sorry that the photo contest ended and would have preferred to see it stay alive, but I understand that it was a tremendous amount of work to maintain.

I will try to add the names of th dogs I know when we post from now on.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraLee Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Yes, Becky. You are right.

Brian, I understand your dilemma. I do the same thing at events. I was only talking about a few photos, not 800! Snickering I don't have time for that! Lololol!
Anyway, if you publish one under an event and don't know who the dog is, write "Unknown" or "?????" If someone, responds with who it is, and you go back and correct the photo's caption. Then, it can be included in my slideshow, when I make it.

Next question, I am talking about making a separate slide show for each event. I think that I can make as many slide shows as I want on our web-site's package.

Thanks, Angela. I should have know that was Jack "TAR" the almost all black GSD. Silly me.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
MaraLee
MaraLee
MaraLee
Webmistress

My Name : MaraLee
My Pet(s) : Lucy and Waffles, the Labs... Gus and Rufus, the Guinea Pigs
Sponsors : Bill and Lynnie!
Number of posts : 801
Gemini Snake

http://www.ultimateairdogs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:42 pm

I guess that works too Sweet! . When Kel decided to make him part of her GSD circle, Jack Tar had bad fly bites-mostly on the tips of his ears and with some forming scabs in a roughly circular pattern around one eye. It reminded Kel of a pirate patch. His call name is a slang term for a seaman or sailor.
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketdog Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I suffer from teh same problem as Brian. I take 100's of photo's at events. I pick out some of the ones I thought came out best but if they are of newbies or just dogs I don't know I have no way of IDing them. Usually someone will post up or PM me with the name but not always.
rocketdog
rocketdog

My Name : Jason
My Pet(s) : Rocky, Newman, and Leo
Number of posts : 897
Sagittarius Snake

http://www.teamrocketdog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:21 pm

not that I have a camara worthy of taking action shot to post and ID but I am going to chime in anyway. A suggestion that if thier is an unnamed dog by the time the slide show is made, maybe that pic should not be on the slide show
flyinlab
flyinlab

My Name : Steve
My Pet(s) : USJCH - Sophie Belle (pb 21'10") Harley Joe (Cheering section) Baylee Rose
Number of posts : 464
Leo Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sophie-Belle-Team-Flyinlab/1419864

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down