ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel!

+7
Laszlo's Botond
Kel
Phoenix
jtallen
LynnSWD
Indy
Angela
11 posters

Go down

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! Empty Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel!

Post by Angela Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Fernando and Baako both earned the Total Dog Award this weekend at Premier. Not an easy task at an event as competitive as this one past. Many dog teams tried, a great many did not make it. It was done in the conformation ring and weight-pulling by Fernando, and in the conformation and agility rings by Baako. Not just cute little furballs; those two are so well muscled and physically balanced!
Oh yes- don't want to forget Aro and Jack Tar. Aro did really well and got a Q when he ran obedience (after not having done it in about two years, I believe it is), got a Q and did a good job when he ran agility. Jack Tar also got to run in agility and did a really good job. Poor guy is still learning the teeter, though. Kel didn't want to risk injury, so she helped by leading him up.

Last edited by Angela on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! Empty Re: Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel!

Post by Indy Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:46 pm

HUGE CONGRATS to Baako and Fernando! cheerleaders fireworks
Indy
Indy

My Name : Indy
My Pet(s) : Indy
Number of posts : 312
Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! Empty Re: Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel!

Post by LynnSWD Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:48 pm

GREAT JOB to both teams!! You are correct Angela - getting a Total Dog award is not an easy thing esp at a huge event such as Premeir.
clap

Lynn
paw
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:43 pm

clap Congrats to all on an excellent weekend. clap
Sometime you all should try to get to see Fernando pull!! He is awesome.
I think he pulled somewhere around 1500lbs bigthumb
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Way to go guys! You both diserve it!
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks, everyone. Ultimate Air Elation

Congrats again, Sterling and Fernando! Baako enjoyed having his SWD buddy as his "neighbor" during the TDA presentation/parade. Sweet!

Jack Tar slipped on the teeter on his first attempt up (it's not an easy obstacle for such a big dog, especially when the UKC teeters seem to run smaller than other org's), which is why I walked him up by his collar on his second attempt. Besides that, though, he ran clean, with no other faults. Aro and Baako both Q'd and finished up their level 1 titles. They also have a leg towards their level 2 title. Aro competed in obedience for the first time after not having done any obed training for at least two years... and ended up with a 191 out of 200 (170 is qualifying) and fourth place. Not bad for basically zero practice prior. Lol. Maybe I should get more into the sport again... Just kidding! Baako took Reserve Champion in a quite large and competitive Champion class. He was actually the only Shepherd (amongst several GSD and WS participants) to earn a Total Dog Award at Premier. He also is now going off the ramp consistantly and went off the "practice dock" a couple times as well. We'll be working on the regulation dock at Detroit this coming weekend. Sweet! Jack Tar broke his PB several times, ending up with a 16' jump. Aro made Junior Finals after making a couple 14' jumps, and ended up placing third. Sweet!

I also handled Beth Crawford's White Shepherd, Indy, in the conformation ring on Saturday and Sunday. He ended up winning the Champion class both days and finished his GrCh title. I recieved quite a few compliments on my handling from the judges and those we competed against in the GSD and WS rings, which was quite nice. Sweet!

How did everyone else who participated in multiple sports this weekend do?
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Congrats on the total dog award...and Just think lola gave fernando a special award for his accomplishments :-P
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjackpack Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Sarah-Simone and Gumpy also had an amazing weekend. It was her first time at a dog show never mind showing.. Gumpy finished 2nd in his class for terrier racing both Saturday and Sunday. He could have won on Sunday but he has a little habit of jumping to high over the hurdles. lol... Friday Sarah also handled Beth's Indy in conformation. They didn't place but we where told she did an amazing job for her first time ever in the show ring.With a dog so big that she is not use to. Many other handlers complemented her and said she has a natural talent with the dogs.. Sunday Sarah showed Indy again in Jr. Showmanship. We got her out of bed 15 min before she needed to be in the ring and cramed her on all the inforrmation she needed on the way into the show ring.. She did just amazing and ended up placing 3rd.
She was also very busy on the dock all weekend and at one point handling 3 dogs at one time. Also managed to help at the practice pool

Forrest Gumpy.. 22feet PB, feather weight and Jr.Handler division
2nd place X2 terrier racing

Cpt. Jack.. 12 feet PB

Indy.. 3rd place Jr. Showman ship
crazyjackpack
crazyjackpack

My Name : Aimee and Sarah
My Pet(s) : Forrest Gumpy (gone but not forgotten) ,, Jitter Bug,, Cpt. Jack,, Shella , Staccato (I'm not a JRT), Clay (my first jump will be in July.. we hope)
Location : Rest is peace sweat Gumpy, UAG Master Champ, Jr. Handler Champ and Featherweight champ.
Number of posts : 550
Aquarius Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Sarah did wonderful this weekend with all three dogs. Ultimate Air Elation Gumpy definitely got a lot of attention, too! He also seems to be coming around... the little guy took quite a few treats from me and was fine with a bit of petting even. Sweet!
Kel
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnSWD Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:26 pm

I also want to brag for (Sterling) Fernando in one other area..... he competed in the 2007 Top 25 WP Competition this weekend too.
In WP you have the two popular breeds (can't think of what they are right now - help Kel) that pull and then the "all other" group. Fernando is the #1 2007 "all other" dog in the 45 pound Div. He has earned every UKC Weight Pull title possible. He's on little STUD!! Scream!!!

Lynn
paw
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnSWD Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:29 pm

Thom - if I remember right.......Fernando TOOK it!!!! drool

Lynn
paw
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:06 pm

American Bulldog and American Pit Bull Terrier. Just kidding!

Oh, I just checked the Top Ten rankings for conformation, just out of random curiousity... aaannnd... Lola is ranked as the #1 SWD.

Also, after having only competed in a few shows, Baako is ranked as the #10 GSD. A few of the dogs ranked above him (who have done quite a bit more showing than him) were also dogs he beat this past weekend. Just kidding!
Kel
Kel

Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by Chessies on the Dock Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 am

Congrats to All, what an accomplishment. The first time I saw Fernando jump was last year at UKC. I couldn't believe how far that little guy jumped. A Round of Applause!

Congrats Kel, you have got to be one of the most patient people I know. Ultimate Air Elation
Chessies on the Dock
Chessies on the Dock

My Pet(s) : Meadow, Sage and the cats (Cadi and Bodie)
Number of posts : 760

http://ChessiesontheDock.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigyellowdog Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:07 am

Congrats to everyone - sounds like it was a fabulous weekend!
bigyellowdog
bigyellowdog

My Name : Dawn
My Pet(s) : Ranger (the big yellow dog) sweet dreams my prince, Chase and Reuben
Number of posts : 303
Cancer Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by gatorblueyes Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 pm

awesome!
gatorblueyes
gatorblueyes

My Name : Andrea
My Pet(s) : Jubilee
Number of posts : 256
Capricorn Dragon

http://www.myspace.com/gatorblueyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Kel wrote:Sarah did wonderful this weekend with all three dogs. Ultimate Air Elation Gumpy definitely got a lot of attention, too! He also seems to be coming around... the little guy took quite a few treats from me and was fine with a bit of petting even. Sweet!

Yea he even let me hold him for a while
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:29 pm

All that socializing seems to be working. He was crated next to Kel's GSDs and I kept forgetting that he was there because he was so quiet. I even bumped into his crate a few times, and he still did not complain.
Gumpy has come a long, long way through the efforts of Sarah, Aimee and the rest of his family.
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjackpack Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks guys..

I was looking back today at some pictures that where taken of him when he first came here a year ago. What a difference. He came to us not being able to cuddle and wound like a top 24/7. He had little training and anything that moved was in for it. Now he is happy and content and in the house has to be the biggest baby in the pack. I know he still has some issues to work out but they are coming along nicely. Hey we even have a sit stay on the dock now. who would have thought that would ever happen. lol..
Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! 100_0450
first day home with us you can see the distrust in his eyes. He still liked to be close to Sarah though. Also look at the allergy skin.. Poor guy.

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! 100_0462
one week later he is still distant with people but calmer (and wet lol)

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! 060802103334bw2
One month he is starting to show his silly side and he was in an ad with Sarah

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! IMG_0656-1
Six months later and you can't give him enough hugs. (taken during play time in the yard)

Congrats to Fernando & Sterling and Baako & Kel! _mg_1612
One year later we have a silly happy dog who will do anything to be with is girl.

And if anyone asks if all the ups and downs with him have been worth it.. Heck yes.
crazyjackpack
crazyjackpack

My Name : Aimee and Sarah
My Pet(s) : Forrest Gumpy (gone but not forgotten) ,, Jitter Bug,, Cpt. Jack,, Shella , Staccato (I'm not a JRT), Clay (my first jump will be in July.. we hope)
Location : Rest is peace sweat Gumpy, UAG Master Champ, Jr. Handler Champ and Featherweight champ.
Number of posts : 550
Aquarius Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down