ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jumping in the winter??

3 posters

Go down

Hot News Jumping in the winter??

Post by Scott and Max Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey guys, I'm a newbie in here and this is my first post... Does anyone know anywhere in SW Michigan where dogs can get some swim time or even dock time that isn't already frozen? Just thought I'd check!
Scott

Scott and Max

Number of posts : 1
Scorpio Dragon

Back to top Go down

Hot News Re: Jumping in the winter??

Post by LynnSWD Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Welcome Scott
there is a place called "me and my shadow" that has a pool but I am not sure if there is a dock as well......
LynnSWD
LynnSWD

My Name : Lynn
My Pet(s) : Lola, Bamba
Number of posts : 604
Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Me and My Shadow is in the metro Detroit area, don't know if they have others. I went to the one in Garden City, it was ok. It was a small pool, and room. The pool was 15' across, took up most of the room. You couldn't walk "around" it. They have a nice set up to get up to the pool, and steps for the dogs and humans (they encourage "family" swims) to get in. My dogs were very perplexed by the steps at first, but chose to just jump over them. Including Gabby and it was her first swim.

The water was very warm, and being winter we were over dressed (got REALLY hot Golly Gee! ) but the dogs had a blast. If you want your dog to swim, it was very hard to keep ours in the water, you can't walk around the pool and keep them in the water. It was a little pricey, but heck indoor dog swimming, you don't get that everywhere. I did worry Quinn was going to hit the wall, jumping too far. She was having a ball.

For "true" therapy swimming to keep the dogs in the pool swimming I don't know it would work. I know a place in Dexter that does that if anyone needed it, but for recreation this place did suffice. I don't know I would go back because of the cost. Teddi was coming off an injury, I wanted something special for her to do, because she was so frustrated from not going everywhere like the other dogs. Decided to take Gabby, to see if she swims, and Quinn Gabby's BFF in case she needed encouragement. Gabby did not need much and was showing a bit pop and good form off the platform (no room for any form of starting run). She did not want to leave.

Now that she swims, I think I will wait for outdoor swimming opportunities. We are going to Outdoorama, and I hope to see if Gabby will go in on her own. Because of how cold the water will be, I won't force her, I don't want to back her off to swimming. Not sure that is possible the way she ended at Me & My Shadow.

Ann
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down