ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes

5 posters

Go down

Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes Empty Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes

Post by team sky Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm

This would be fun to put some of our UAD dogs to the test! I know I am going to run both of my dogs in one of the qualifiers it would be fun to get together and have UADers take all 8 qualifying spots at one event.

6 RGS Chapters got together yesterday in Clare to tweak and plan the 2010 RGS Gun Dog Fun Trials for 2010. Dave Lloyd of Petoskey was not able to make it because of a snow board accident but was conference called in when needed.

BradU20 was chief note taker yesterday so this is all off the top of my head and subject to his notes and changes.

At this time it looks like there will be 7 Regional Trials around the LP this year.

Greater South East in March (see BradU20's thread)

Robert J Lytle in April 10th (I think)

Traverse City May 2nd

Lakeshore May 8th

Lansing 9/11

Petoskey (TBD)

Gaylord October 16th (tenative)

Robert J Lytle Chapter will host the Gun Dog of the Year Trial November 27th, 2010 (this is tenative and location TBD)

A few changes and clarifications off the top of my head.

1) Two Divisions will be run again in 2010, Flushers and Pointers

2) Handlers will recieve 2 opportunities to be scored on finds and retrieves - if you miss a bird (or your designated gunner) you cost your dog a chance at a scored retrieve (this is a clarification, judges will not hand toss retrieves in the event of a miss, they will work through safety's with Trial Chairs direction)

2a) Once you have had two finds you will be asked to leash your dog at the judges decision. All the trial chairs are going to work to make sure full use of a course is available for the dogs and a full brace is able to be completed.

3)Backing/Honoring - backing and honoring has been reduced but remains on the score sheet if the judges need it they have it. (This is a clarification because not every dog has a chance at an honor or back.)

4) Steady to Wing and shot will not be scored, not as obedience, judging stops at the flush and starts again at the retrieve, if your dog is STWS is does not matter for the positive or the negative just like the color of your dog.

5) Dogs will be scored on 100 points basis on the following

- Obedience/Responce to Handler
- Ground Coverage
- Bird Find 1
- Retrieve 1
- Bird Find 2
- Retrieve 2
- Honoring/Backing

High Score Wins at GDOY Trial

6) BradU20 will hopefully post the "who is eligible to run" clarification.

6a) The only change from last year I believe is NAVHDA UT dogs will be welcome to run in our trials

6b) the words Retrieving, Flushing, Pointing were added to clarify "Field Trial Placements" (again see more from Brad)

7) Perhaps the biggest change and with an eye towards increasing participation is that an Honorable Mention (5th place) will be given in each division, this dog will be an alternate for the regional trial it placed in if any of the top four dogs decline an invite to the GDOY trial.

Hot Dawg Each trial can operate their trial as they see fit as long as they agree to the "qualifications" to send the top four dogs to the GDOY trial.

Last year we had a fantastic year with more entries then ever! The regional chairs have worked hard to grow these events, keep them for the average hunter, and make them a fantastic time.

BradU20 says it best "the judges are looking for a dog they would most like to hunt behind."

Thanks to those who have run in the past and I hope a bunch of new folks come give it a try this year, you will meet a bunch of great people, see some good dog work, and really IMO what skills your dog needs to be competitive are things that equate to a good wild bird dog for the average hunter.
team sky
team sky

My Name : Brian Butler
My Pet(s) : Sky
Number of posts : 709
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes Empty Re: Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes

Post by Phoenix Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Brian you may want to check to see if you can run the girls in the trial or not. Last I knew if your dog had a hunting title with another organization you were not allowed to run with the RGS trial.
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes Empty Re: Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society Gun Dog of the year trial information Flushing and Pointing Classes

Post by team sky Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Yup, my dogs still qualify at least they do right now.... They won't in June when I finish their titles.
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:01 am

Awesome. I wasn't sure what titles were acceptable to have and what were not. Let us all know when you are going to run and where. I might want to come out and watch. Maybe if we get Tundra out a bit more this spring we will run her too.
Phoenix
Phoenix

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Phoenix,Rajah,Cody, Tucson, Rumor
Number of posts : 1001
Sagittarius Dog

http://flyinghighk9s.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Here you go Beth will tiny T. or Phoenix be ready for may?

http://www.ruffedgrousesociety.org/UserFiles/File/10MuskegonMIFunHunt.pdf
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rajah Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:34 pm

SKY Sr. wrote:Here you go Beth will tiny T. or Phoenix be ready for may?

Phoenix - NO

Tundra - Maybe.... she's a heck of a hunter, super fast in the field, but her retrieving skills are definitly not there. Could be fun just for the heck of it though.
Rajah
Rajah

My Name : Rajah's dad
My Pet(s) : Rajah (APBT), Cody, Phoenix, Tucson, & Rumor (GSPs)
Number of posts : 512
Aries Snake

http://www.flyinghighk9s.com

Back to top Go down

Post by team sky Sat May 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Sky and star swept top honors today placing first and second places respectively. Sky had almost perfect run, she missed hitting the first perfect score ever by less than ten points overall!

Next up the Michigan gun dog trial of the year!
team sky
team sky

Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

Wow! Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment.
Indy
Indy

My Name : Indy
My Pet(s) : Indy
Number of posts : 312
Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down