ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male

2 posters

Go down

My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male Empty My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male

Post by gatorblueyes Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:14 pm

I haven't been around much because I have been crazy busy. Four weeks ago I took in this poor boy. His ears were swollen shut, infected and had open sores...his paws had huge lick granulomas on them. His head was all scabs and he was obese. He stunk to high heaven and had no hair behind his ears from chronic scratching. All his owners said was that he was allergic to poultry (funny since he puked three whole hot dogs, scrambled eggs and chicken nuggets on my floor). I found out he was tested years ago and is allergic to grass, trees, dust, mold and mildew. Anyhow, I have been treating him intensively. He has lost about 10 pounds, his ears are open and free of sores and infection. His lick granulomas are almost gone. Right now I am tapering his prednisone and he is starting to lick and chew his feet. My guess is he will be a candidate for allergy shots. He is a GREAT dog. He is a good boy that loves car rides, the dog park/beach and is overall really obedient. He is as mellow as they come. I can only imagine that he has been uncomfortable for most of his life. He loves other dogs, is submissive and has been raised with young children. His ideal home would be with a family that is willing to put in the time and effort required to keep my allergies under control in order for him to be happy and healthy. Another dog would be great and small children may not be optimal due to his medical needs. He just needs some extra love and attention but he is totally worth it! If you know of anyone in Florida that might be interested please pass him along. He has a few strikes against him being male, black, five and has allergies so I need all the exposure I can get. This is NOT a sporting dog. He doesn't have much drive although I have gotten him mildly interested in frisbees.

My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male Brisket2
My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male Brisket1
My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male 003-2
My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male 004-1
My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male 021
My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male 007-2
My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male 031
gatorblueyes
gatorblueyes

My Name : Andrea
My Pet(s) : Jubilee
Number of posts : 256
Capricorn Dragon

http://www.myspace.com/gatorblueyes

Back to top Go down

My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male Empty Re: My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male

Post by gatorblueyes Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Just an update on this sweet boy. He is still with me. I finished with his aggressive treatment and he is currently on every other day prednisone. Unfortunately this isn't holding him. His allergies are roaring back Crying or Very sad . I have set up a fundraising site for him to try to raise the money to take him to dermatology for allergy testing and likely injections. I was quoted $800 for his consult/testing/medicines although hopefully they will give me a discount for Lab Rescue. If anyone is interested in helping out, please visit my site. Even $5 will help in the grand scheme of things. He is too good of a dog to let suffer.

http://www.active.com/donate/labrescue/Andrea_Jubilee
gatorblueyes
gatorblueyes

Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male Empty Re: My newest foster...Brisket 5 year old black male

Post by Kel Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:20 pm

He is adorable. He seems like such a sweetheart. Sweet! Best of luck in finding him a forever home and in getting his allergies under control!
Kel
Kel

My Name : "The Girl with the GSDs"
My Pet(s) : Aro, Scot, Jack Tar, Baako & Kon
Number of posts : 1673
Gemini

http://www.frozenfirek9s.com/Joomla/

Back to top Go down

Post by gatorblueyes Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Thank you! He really is a great dog. I will keep this thread updated. He is one of my all time favs and my heart breaks for him sometimes.
gatorblueyes
gatorblueyes

Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down