ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read

5 posters

Go down

rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read Empty rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read

Post by bethandryder Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 am

A springer rescue member in Michigan, her name is Rebecca found a badly neglected Rottweiler that was in desparate need of rescuing. The female Rott had not been fed in several days, no water and has never had ANY medical attention in her life. The dog had been tied to a cinder block or post its entire life with only a box with a hole in it for shelter. The owner had admitted that she was having problems feeding and taking care of the dog. It is clear that the dog has never had any affection or socializtion wtih other dogs either. Rebecca rescued the dog this last saturday and the dog currently is staying with her mother and the mother has 2 other dogs. Rebecca needs advice and if anyone can donate any money for medical care and to help with the cost of adopting the dog it would be greatly appreciated. The owner wanted money for the dog. The dog is emaciated terribly, dehydrated and probably infested with worms and parasites, the dog was guarding the garbage for a very long time. I don't know the age of the dog or anyother info but will try to get updates from Rebecca. If anyone has any advice or help to offer, please contact her. She is really in need of some help.

Beth Miller

Rebeccas Paige
17095 Smith
Riverview, mi 48193
Rebeccapaige@yahoo.com
1-734-775-0975
bethandryder
bethandryder

My Name : Beth
My Pet(s) : Ryder and Hershey, ESS
Number of posts : 303
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read Empty Re: rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read

Post by LoriL Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Sending this to some friends in Rotti rescue. They are in AL, but can help get her linked up to right people and give tips for Rotti care.

LoriL

My Name : Lori
Number of posts : 387
Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read Empty Re: rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read

Post by bethandryder Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:58 pm

thanks.
bethandryder
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingbcs Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:19 pm

I found my current Rottweiler thru Mid-Michigan Rottweiler Rescue. Their web site is: http://mmrr.org/mmrr/. Maybe they can help???
rescuer in need of advice and help re abused Rott, please read DiinTree
flyingbcs
flyingbcs

My Pet(s) : Lansing
Number of posts : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by bigyellowdog Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:11 am

Not to ask a question which may seem obvious, and certainly don't mean to be patronizing with it but has your friend contacted the police regarding the abuse? I don't know what the MI animal legislation is and/or laws are that might pertain to this case but if she hasn't done so as of yet, she might want to contact someone in law enforcement.

Best of luck in getting this poor rotty back on her feet and into a loving home - she certainly sounds like she deserves it, and is fortunate to be in the present care of your friend!
bigyellowdog
bigyellowdog

My Name : Dawn
My Pet(s) : Ranger (the big yellow dog) sweet dreams my prince, Chase and Reuben
Cancer Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:06 pm

Someone from RR contacted me and Rebecca so that is good.

Beth
bethandryder
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by LostPepperDee Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:34 am

That is so sad. I hate hearing about dogs who are chained up for their whole lives and never get any love and attention.
LostPepperDee
LostPepperDee

My Name : Kristen
My Pet(s) : Jane, Rover, Pepper, Charlie (dogs) and Figaro & Angel (cats)
Location : I live in NE Tennessee, but grew up in Naples, Italy.
Number of posts : 85
Aquarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by bethandryder Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:20 am

I know, Kristen. It is really upsetting to think that people treat other living things so horribly. Anyway, so far so good I guess. The dog has not killed anyone or any dogs yet! I will try to keep you all posted.

Beth
bethandryder
bethandryder

Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down