ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKC Titles

+7
FG167
labpaw
jtallen
Gingers Dad
Laszlo's Botond
SKY Sr.
Chessies on the Dock
11 posters

Go down

UKC Titles Empty UKC Titles

Post by Chessies on the Dock Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Okay, so even though I registered the girls with UKC, I said I didn't really care about the UKC titles. Embarassed They are dual registered because they were AKC registered from birth. I got their UKC titles in the mail, well, I have to say......they ARE very pretty and I felt a little tingle of pride for my girls. luv RKK Meadow Buttercup received her United Radical Ultimate Vertical and United Ultimate Jumper titles. Irish's Beyond Measure (Sage) received her United Supreme Ultimate Vertical and United Junior Jumper titles. A Round of Applause!

I didn't think I cared, but it was actually really cool to get those in the mail since I've been wondering lately if either one of them had a title yet. Since Sage is starting to jump again maybe she'll get her Senior title too. Ultimate Air Elation
Chessies on the Dock
Chessies on the Dock

My Pet(s) : Meadow, Sage and the cats (Cadi and Bodie)
Number of posts : 760

http://ChessiesontheDock.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

UKC Titles Empty Re: UKC Titles

Post by SKY Sr. Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:58 pm

Congratulations to your girls Shari. we are hoping to get Sky's
UUJCH real soon. If she has not earned it already close. We keep trying to add up the points and figure that she is either just over or just under.

Congratulations again, and they are really cool certificates.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Name : Brian L. Butler
My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Number of posts : 272
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Congrats....Just so you know other than conformation the UKC has surpassed AKC in just about all activities. I am dual registered and do both but enjoy my time in UKC more
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingers Dad Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:36 am

clap congrats to your great jumpin girls

Gingers Dad

My Name : Bob
My Pet(s) : Ginger, Hemi-lou ,Sofie , &Roxy
Number of posts : 503
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by jtallen Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 am

bigthumb Congtrats Shari

The girls have been jumping big time. clap
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by labpaw Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:30 am

Flower Power
WAY TO GO CURLY GIRLS!!!!
Flower Power
labpaw
labpaw

My Name : Alisa
My Pet(s) : Pooh, Colby, Gracie Lou, Abe, Stew, Web, Miss P, & Goo
Number of posts : 1061
Taurus Pig

http://www.teamblabador.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FG167 Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am

I know exactly how you feel! I kind of thought the same way lol. My boys were UKC registered so that Mason could compete in Weight Pull in the future and Midas in Agility. We got Mason's first title in the mail and it was really, really neat. Sweet!

Oh and although UKC has many similiar events to AKC not all are the same and they do not have Rally - just FYI. But, they accept my Kya - which is important Sweet!
FG167
FG167

My Name : Falon
My Pet(s) : Midas, Mason and Kya
Number of posts : 155
Cancer Buffalo

http://www.leapinlabs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Does the UKC send out certificates for the initial titles or just for champion and grand champion titles?
Indy
Indy

My Name : Indy
My Pet(s) : Indy
Number of posts : 312
Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Lindsey,

UKC sends titles out for the initial titles as well as the CH and GRCH. They look really sweet and are suitable for framing or in a presentation binder.

Last edited by SKY Sr. on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling added an "s")
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

My Pet(s) : UUJCH USUV Santa Fe's Blonde Diesel aka "SKY" 3, Sauk River's Pointing Star - aka Star, and Dottie
Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:04 pm

SKY Sr. wrote:Lindsey,

UKC sends titles out for the initial titles as well as the CH and GRCH. They look really sweet and are suitable for framing or in a presentation binder.

Hmmmmm, we had more than 5 Junior jumps at the Premier ... granted, it seems to take the mail carrier an extra week to make it to our house Snickering ... but still, it's been a while since everyone else reported getting their titles in the mail.

If we jumped in all 6 splashes plus the finals and his best score in five of the splashes and in the finals were in the Junior division, then he should have six qualifying jumps and have earned the UJJ title right? Or am I confused? Majorly Confused
Indy
Indy

My Name : Indy
My Pet(s) : Indy
Number of posts : 312
Virgo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chessies on the Dock Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks everyone dancin dog Your kind words are appreciated!

Lindsey,

I don't know if I can be much help. Here's a question fo The girls jumps were accumulated throughout the year. Due to my work schedule I was only at Premier one day. I would think that if all of Indy's jumps were Junior jumps then he would have a Junior Title. You may want to make sure that his UKC reg # is on file with UAD. I'm thinking Sara could help you with this since she is the resident UKC Pro Just kidding! If you know for certain that it is on file, maybe give it some more time.
Chessies on the Dock
Chessies on the Dock

Back to top Go down

Post by Laszlo's Botond Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:31 am

i completed my senior jumper there and dont have that title yet....UKC is a bit slow with the UAD titles remeber there are 2 orginisations involved and both take time to get their scores and reports done.
Laszlo's Botond
Laszlo's Botond

My Name : Thom Hadfield
My Pet(s) : Bo
Number of posts : 851
Aquarius Rat

http://teamreddog.net

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjackpack Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 am

OK I am going to WAAAAAAAA now.. Gumpy just needs one more Master jump to get his title.
crazyjackpack
crazyjackpack

My Name : Aimee and Sarah
My Pet(s) : Forrest Gumpy (gone but not forgotten) ,, Jitter Bug,, Cpt. Jack,, Shella , Staccato (I'm not a JRT), Clay (my first jump will be in July.. we hope)
Location : Rest is peace sweat Gumpy, UAG Master Champ, Jr. Handler Champ and Featherweight champ.
Number of posts : 550
Aquarius Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:32 am

Congratulations Shari!!!!

I have gotten Belle's first AKC title in the mail. It was fun! We are taking her to a UKC agility trial at the end of August to try to complete her UKC title.

Teddi is ONE JUMP away from her UAD and UKC title. I am hoping she can make it back in time for Woods N Water. Hopefully on Friday she can finish her titles and qualify for the finals.
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by SKY Sr. Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 am

Indy wrote:
SKY Sr. wrote:Lindsey,

Hmmmmm, we had more than 5 Junior jumps at the Premier ... granted, it seems to take the mail carrier an extra week to make it to our house Snickering ... but still, it's been a while since everyone else reported getting their titles in the mail.

If we jumped in all 6 splashes plus the finals and his best score in five of the splashes and in the finals were in the Junior division, then he should have six qualifying jumps and have earned the UJJ title right? Or am I confused? Majorly Confused

I agree with Shari, Sara would be the expert to answer the questions, however, here is what I am pretty sure of.
1. Indy would need FIVE jumps in any one division to qualify for his initial title.
2. Jumps in the finals do not count toward UKC titles. (I think).
3. Jumps must have been completed at a UKC sanctioned event.
4. Sky completed her initial title UUJ at the Grand Rapids event in March. We did not receive her title certificate until Monday July 7.

I would be patient with this (as we tried to be) as Thom indicated we are working with two organizations and it may take a little longer for the
all of the jumps to be tabulated with UKC and for your titles to arrive.

Just know that if INDY has his five qualifying splashes in Junior, then:
1. You will be receiving a certificate and
2. All subsequent jumps in that category (Junior) are going toward his championship points, and you need 150 points in that category to get your Ch.

Sara, if I have said anything incorrect I apologize in advance.
SKY Sr.
SKY Sr.

Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:37 am

Brian, you are about 95% right. The only thing you got wrong is that finals do count towards titles. That was one thing I fought for, as that's how all jumping organizations have done it.

As to the titles taking time, this is a system we are still smoothing out. The HUGE UKC database had to be reprogrammed to add dock jumping titles, and had several glitches on the way. They did not want to start issuing certificates until everything was functioning right. It was actually quite an undertaking since the title system for dock jumping is different from all the other events. It seems we pretty well have it down now, so degrees will be being issued a little bit quicker. I know degrees earned at Premier were being sent out last week, so Lindsay, I'd imagine if you earned one you should be getting it in the mail fairly soon.
Sara
Sara

My Name : Sara
My Pet(s) : Oskar, Carly, Fiona
Number of posts : 791
Scorpio Goat

http://www.freewebs.com/oskarboogerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:27 am

Sara wrote:Brian, you are about 95% right. The only thing you got wrong is that finals do count towards titles. That was one thing I fought for, as that's how all jumping organizations have done it.

As to the titles taking time, this is a system we are still smoothing out. The HUGE UKC database had to be reprogrammed to add dock jumping titles, and had several glitches on the way. They did not want to start issuing certificates until everything was functioning right. It was actually quite an undertaking since the title system for dock jumping is different from all the other events. It seems we pretty well have it down now, so degrees will be being issued a little bit quicker. I know degrees earned at Premier were being sent out last week, so Lindsay, I'd imagine if you earned one you should be getting it in the mail fairly soon.

OH MY!!! I did not know that! If that is right for UKC Teddi should have her title! She has jumped in four splashes at UKC events (Premier and Detroit) and qualified for the finals in both and jumped junior jumps there too. WOO HOO A Round of Applause!

Am I correct that is only UKC? For a UAD title, they all have to be splash jumps not finals? Forgive me I am just getting back into it and stuff has changed. Ultimate Air Elation
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by labpaw Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:35 am

Ann,
I'm not the title guru, that is Scott's job. Just kidding! (He is rarely on the board, and I called him to confirm before answering Sweet! )But, as long as you qualified for finals (at some events, Milt is very generous and lets all the dogs jump regardless of ranking. :heart: In which case, if you didn't qualify for the finals, but are jumping in that instance, they are not supposed to count for titles, per Milt), those count towards UAD titles as well. Hot Dawg Demos and Purina jumps do not, however. Arrr, Matey!

Last edited by labpaw on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm an awful typist, as usual)
labpaw
labpaw

My Name : Alisa
My Pet(s) : Pooh, Colby, Gracie Lou, Abe, Stew, Web, Miss P, & Goo
Number of posts : 1061
Taurus Pig

http://www.teamblabador.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chessies on the Dock Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:34 pm

AND we are all very grateful to Scott for taking care of our titles on the UAD end!!! :heart:
Chessies on the Dock
Chessies on the Dock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down