ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Welcome to the ULTIMATE AIR DOGS Message Board!
ULTIMATE AIR DOGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to this group

+4
Angela
Intellabs
jtallen
art
8 posters

Go down

new to this group Empty new to this group

Post by art Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:53 am

I have been reading your posts and would like some info. My dog (golden retriever) has never been in a contest. She loves to pool jump after her ball.
I live near both the King of Prussia, Pa and Edison NJ events. Is it wise to sign up for one or both of those? Is there ample time for her to get
acclimated to the pool by jumping in from the ladder area and then the dock? Are there other training places we can go? Since this is short on time
asking for best advice on a total newcomer.
thanks

art

Number of posts : 2
Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

new to this group Empty Re: new to this group

Post by jtallen Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 am

You will be able to try your dog off the ramp before you go on the dock to get her used to the pool and water. You do need to pre-register as many events close before the date of the event. If after the first event you decide that your don't want to go to the next event you can Email MaraLee and pull your dog.
As a fellow golden jumper - WELCOME - we are always looking for more goldens who jump.
You will get all the advice, help, and support you need at the event.
UAD is a great place to get your dock jumping intro!!!
jtallen
jtallen

My Pet(s) : Rogan, Molly, Maggie, Moose, Cracker
Number of posts : 1343
Leo Cat

http://www.teamsecondchance.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Intellabs Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:16 am

It's a good idead to attend as many events as you can, the dogs love it more then anyone!! The more competitions you enter the more confident your golden will be. There usualy is a practice time before every splash begins. Good luck and have fun!! I am sure you will get alot more advice from others from uad.
Intellabs
Intellabs

My Name : Roger
My Pet(s) : Katie, Koko, Oberon, Kota, Sugar, Knitrous and Hershey
Number of posts : 709
Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

new to this group Empty thanks and more info

Post by art Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:25 am

anyone know of any training facilities in the eastern pa or new jersey areas?

art

Number of posts : 2
Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Welcome Art! I can not help you with the training facility Q, but I would like to add to Jim's post.
Many of us have been jumping with UAD for quite a while now and often do not see each other until events-so in addition to just keeping busy with the event itself we'll spend a lot of time socializing. Someone once wrote that he felt like an outsider. Please do not be shy, introduce yourself, let people know you're a newbie and would like any assistance they might be able to provide. If you feel uncertain whom to ask, Milt and his son Brian (if they, themselves, are too busy) often know who is around and could best help with certain needs.
Again, welcome and do enjoy your first event (and we hope, the many to follow)!
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann DHondt Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:50 pm

Ditto what Angela and Jim said. These people are VERY willing to help, just don't be shy.

I too have a golden who jumps, so welcome. I don't travel much, stick pretty close to home in MI but I hope someday we can meet.

I hope someone can help you with facility questions.

wave2
Ann DHondt
Ann DHondt

My Name : Ann
My Pet(s) : Belle, Teddi, Quinn, Gabby and always in my heart Maxine
Number of posts : 301
Cancer Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinlab Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 pm

We will be at the edison event, and will be more than happy to help out. Although we are pretty new to the sport ourselves, we will be happy to pass along what we've learned. Welcome, be ready for your latest addiction. See you at Edison.
flyinlab
flyinlab

My Name : Steve
My Pet(s) : USJCH - Sophie Belle (pb 21'10") Harley Joe (Cheering section) Baylee Rose
Number of posts : 464
Leo Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sophie-Belle-Team-Flyinlab/1419864

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen & Frank Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Art,

Although we are in upstate New York, we may be able to help with a location to practice. We were at an APDT rally trial near Harrisburg a few months ago. We finished early, and wanted to know what to do there in the afternoon. And, we had been talking about dock jumping all day. It was suggested we try the Canine Spa in Dillsburg. There is a pool, and the dogs can swim. I think they want you to have an appointment for the first time, but after that, you can go any time. I think it was $15 for first dog and $7 for each additional dogs. I think they only put the dock in at certain times and it is a short dock. They may have certain times with dock jumping training. You apparently stay as long as you like, if there is nobody else there, or if your dog will swim with others. If others are waiting and your dog doesn't share well, you then have 15 min. We had a great time!!!!

Kathleen & Frank

Number of posts : 22
Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by CoffeeDogs Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi Art,

Welcome! I think you will really enjoy yourself. As far as which event to go to, why not try Edison? I went to both Edison and King of Prussia last year.

I will be in Edison for all 3 days. I would be happy to help you. I have been doing this for more than 3 years now. I am kind of hard to miss. I will have 2 chocolate labs, one of them will be barking her head off and I will be wearing a purple "I Love Dogs.com" shirt.

Come out and give it a try!

CoffeeDogs

My Name : Laura
My Pet(s) : Mocha & Kona
Number of posts : 126
Taurus Snake

http://www.teamcoffeedogs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down